Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My Rubicon climbing the only hill for miles around....life on the prairies!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Aint Inca Gold PPPEEEEERRRRRDDDDDDYYYYYYY :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the color but I really like it when it is freshly washed and the Jeep is sitting in the sunlight.....Looks twice as good then! :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm loving these pics you guys are putting up. They make my choice to order Inca Gold seem better and better everyday!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hey Vulcan.....Have you tried any off-roading west of High River. There should be some good mud and some rocks along the river that you can try. Also you should see if you can hook up with some guys from the pass. There is some sweet rock.

Also in Calgary off Deerfoot there is a motocross park that has a section you can drive motor vehicles in. I took a H1 for a test there when they were first released to the public.

As for the only hill in your area...........yup so true.

G

·
0 Posts
Hop,

See you in Hawaii. I get there in July and my Rubi has been ordered and will be waiting for me there. Make sure you stay in touch. PM me off line if this forum has it and we can chat or e-mail me at:

[email protected]

PCS'ing there from Bahrain, where I currently am to JICPAC Hawaii (Joint Intelligence Center Pacific Fleet).

G

·
0 Posts
Hop said:
MilitaryJeeper--- I pm'd you. Maybe we'll have to start an owner's group on the islands
Just got it, will email you shortly. Thanks.........

G

·
0 Posts
Military Jeeper, Hop - Some quick advise for you to headed out to the island. You basically have 2 choices to get your maintenance done/ warranty work. Cutter Jeep and Windward Jeep. Cutter is really big and their service department well S....Ks. Windward was much friendlier, but located on the northish side of the island. With Cutter be prepared for 2 days without your Jeep. Your appointment is to drop it off, not for it to be worked on, go figure that. Oh labor price last year was $84/ hour. Ouch. Lots more tidbits on the island if you want to know.

Ron
[email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks Ron,

I am prepared to stick my foot in whoever's A$$ I need and make calls to DC Customer Service if need be. I am hoping not to have any probs with the Jeep since it will be new but we all know how that goes.

Thanks for the heads up though, and for a while back heads up on Wet Okole as that is the first thing I am going to do once I get it from the dealership. After that I will be installing my Jeeperman Rear Bumper w/Carrier, Avalanche Rock Rings F/R and my Raingler Net System that I just bought yesterday from http://www.raingler.com. Now all I am waiting on is to decide which lift to get since everyone is d#cking around with the new LA systems (FT and Tera) so I can get it off the ground and get some clearance underneath the shovel with a belly up. Just found out today that the tires I wanted, BFG Krawlers aren't as practical as everyone thought they were going to be and they are priced a tad high and do not have a good longevity rating. We will see...........need some new meats though ASAP.

Can't wait to get there and experience Hawaii and my new Jeep. I know lots of 4wheeling buddies out there so I think it's going to be a good tour of duty.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hey Military Jeeper....

RE has a long arm for the RUBI now. It is not on there web site but I was talking with them last week and they said they have one now.

Regular LA works on the RUBI too. Little more fab work needed though.

G

·
0 Posts
LILRDJP said:
Hey Military Jeeper....

RE has a long arm for the RUBI now. It is not on there web site but I was talking with them last week and they said they have one now.

Regular LA works on the RUBI too. Little more fab work needed though.
Yes I saw that a week or two ago but the skid doesn't raise it but 1" which isn't even worth it. I am hoping the other companies will raise it much higher.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
My Buddy put a 2002 kit on his rubi and it works awesome. I can't under stand why RE would only make a 1" increase and not at least 2" like Medic had done. I guess they were trying to keep the air compressors in the factory spot.

G

·
0 Posts
Military Jeeper said:
Can't wait to get there and experience Hawaii and my new Jeep. I know lots of 4wheeling buddies out there so I think it's going to be a good tour of duty.
You'll enjoy your time there. Here's two words for you. Peacock Flats. Get your pass downtown, you'll enjoy it.

Ron

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LILRDJP said:
Hey Vulcan.....Have you tried any off-roading west of High River. There should be some good mud and some rocks along the river that you can try. Also you should see if you can hook up with some guys from the pass. There is some sweet rock.

Also in Calgary off Deerfoot there is a motocross park that has a section you can drive motor vehicles in. I took a H1 for a test there when they were first released to the public.

As for the only hill in your area...........yup so true.
I have not been off road yet in my Jeep.....Damn sad! I have heard about the area west of High River.....McLean Creek? An ex military guy here has a 89 YJ and wants to go wheelin with me. I was planning on waiting until this -20C weather went away and I got a winch installed. I have not heard of the motocross park......Where off the Deerfoot is it? Sounds like you know this area but your tag show Ont?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think the MX park is actually just South of Blackfoot Motorsports on Blackfoot. I haven't actually been there so I don't know how to get in but I have driven by a couple of times.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Triver is right.... It is off of Blackfoot. Just south of the kenwood/hummer dealership( if it is still there?)

Vulcan... I do live in Ont. now but I grew up in the Nanton/Claresholm/Highriver/Calgary area for 22yrs. I am now residing in Ottawa. I spent most of my life out there climbing any mountain top I could find also did some search and rescue in the Banff area.

You will find lots of good stuff west of HR.

I am hoping to make it out to the RMH jamboree this year if not definately next. I still have family in Nanton and stavley.

How was your trip? Did you head out to Van. or Kelowna( another of my favorit spots.)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Here is your picture.....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LILRDJP said:
How was your trip? Did you head out to Van. or Kelowna( another of my favorit spots.)

I went to Chilliwack (used to be an hour outside Vancouver but I'm sure it's like 2.5 hours now with the traffic. Tons of places to go 4X4ing there but I was running sole with no winch so I wimped out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts