Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got all the upgrades done, at least to start wheeling it, on this newer to me Rubi. Took a trip to Uwharrie National Forest for a quick shake down just to check clearances etc.. I have not been there for probably 5-6 years and that was with my old Truggy. Anywho, everything seemed to work well with only one slight touching of the rear flare. So minor it did not appear to even scratch the paint. (they were green off a Sahara)
Upgrades since I purchased it last year: New front RE track bar, JKS front SB disco's, Front Warn Diff slider, Skid Row oil pan/tranny skid plate, ZJ front brake lines, Chromoly's front and rear, full set of Metalcloak dbl. adjustable aluminum control arms. (Jeep has 3.5" RE springs), Spider Trax wheel Spacers, JK headlight upgrade, Motobilt front and rear bumpers and Warn VR10S.
The bad thing about these Rubicon's is they are so damn capable that you can end up getting into a lot of trouble. I don't mean trouble you cannot drive out of necessarily but into predicaments causing body damage etc... Heck ya I can do that!
Anyway that is how it was with my old one and my plan is restraint with this one so I can keep it a street-able as it pulls triple duty as my MTB rig and local run around.
Sorry, getting off topic.. Anyway below are a couple of pics and if anyone is interested in going to Uwharrie let me know. I hope to down there at least once a month.

·
3,469 Posts
Looks like it is flexing very well. Would love to see more pics of Uwharrie National Forest; never wheeled that part of the country.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,045 Posts
Uwharrie is great, used to wheel there a lot when i lived in NC. Offroad trails and a gun range, what else can you want. I do miss Tellico, got there just before it closed.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,045 Posts
Looks like it is flexing very well. Would love to see more pics of Uwharrie National Forest; never wheeled that part of the country.
As you wish, some pics from Uwharrie, from a ROF run in 06 (Blue TJ) and with some friends in 2017 (Red LJ).

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uwharrie is great, used to wheel there a lot when i lived in NC. Offroad trails and a gun range, what else can you want. I do miss Tellico, got there just before it closed.
It is a fun place. I miss Tellico as well. Got to wheel there a few times before they shut it down.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely different than Utah. I made a trip out to Moab back in 2010 with my Truggy between Rubicon's. What an awesome place to wheel. Plan is to get back there with my Jeep and MTB.

·
3,469 Posts
If you're interested in having someone go with you to Moab, let me know when. I'm always looking for friends to wheel with and live only about 5 hours from Moab.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,045 Posts
If you're interested in having someone go with you to Moab, let me know when. I'm always looking for friends to wheel with and live only about 5 hours from Moab.
Sounds like a plan... once this COVID stuff is under control.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts