Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Likewise, thanks for a good write-up. I put upper and lower Borgeson shafts in my 06 Rubicon today @120K miles. Had almost a half inch slop in the steering wheel which was driving me nuts; rebuilt steering box made little difference. I thought from the amount of play in the old steering shaft that I might tighten it up by a third or so--didn't seem real loose--but the new shaft completely eliminated the slop--completely. Astounding. So. Far easier than I thought it would be--worst part of it was trying to drill for the firewall seal. For as much money as they cost, they really ought to put in Mopar OEM part and make it easy. Supplied screws were too large diameter so I went with small pop rivets and it worked fine. Also jacked up the front axle when I was in tightening phase; made it easy to move things around to get at bolts. Old shaft had been ground down where it was wearing against the mid-shaft bearing, but bearing itself was snug enough so I re-used it after freshening the grease. All in all very pleased; which I'd done this a year ago despite the cost. Oh--and double thanks, because Borgeson doesn't see fit to put instructions in the box, or on their website. But what do you expect for $500????

21 - 24 of 24 Posts