Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered the temp/compass/dome lamp/dimming rearview mirror and finally (16 days later) it arrived. After all that waiting I'll be damed if the dang thing didn't come with the temp sensor or extending wire that connects the dash plug to the back of the mirror. You would think DC would sell these together but for some reason they don't and the dealership was no help. So now I am waiting for the wiring which will probably take another 2 weeks. So for ya'll thinking of ordering this in the future remember to get the dealership to order the wiring also. :bad-words:

G

·
0 Posts
Here's my write up on this mod. Might help with install.

Mopar Electronic Mirror

Thanks for the reminder about makeing certain that you get everything you need. Dealerships aren't necessarily smart.

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have seen that before but was going to look for it so I could calibrate the compass correctly. Later

·
Registered
478 Posts
The compass/temp mirror is not supplied as an accessory but as a replacement part. Your partsman should know the difference (it's hard to find good help). For everyone else, a replacement part is just that. A part that replaces one that has been damaged or is defective on a jeep equipt from factory. Now if you want to add parts to your jeep that weren't there from the factory then you need an accessory, which comes from DC with all needed parts/nuts/bolts/templates...everything. If an accessory kit is not avaliable then you have to look up every part you can imagine you might need for the install. Sometimes it's not cost effective to do this, especially if a major wiring harnes is involed.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ramtuff you are right but I thought I was ordering an accessory not a replacement part. Why would someone order a new mirror if they already have one in their jeep (other than if they have a wreck). It's just something Chrysler does to make more money, IMO, but at least let me know this part is needed. I have this cool mirror but it doesn't work and they are still trying to order the part, I will be surprized if it's in before Friday. Later

G

·
0 Posts
I just checked with the dealership, there is no accessory kit for this mirror yet according to parts, so we are back to getting the individual parts for it. I don't doubt that there will be a kit for it sometime in the future.

Ron

·
Registered
478 Posts
For as long as DC has been putting temp/compass into their cars/trucks and jeeps people have been asking to add them when their's didn't come with it. DC doesn't make an accessory kit for this so you have to add it by looking up all the parts. The easiest one we ever did was a 1999 jeep cherokee. Some cars are impossible to install temp/compass in unless you change the dash wiring harness.

G

·
0 Posts
These should be all the part numbers that you need to do the kit. Only thing I don't know is the 2 screws that hold the bracket on. The mirror is the most expensive part.

1) Mirror, Inside 55156197-AA
2) Bracket Ambient 56047123-AB
3) Sensor Ambient 56042395
4) Wiring, Mirror 56047087-AC

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Ron, I will shoot these part numbers at the dealer tommorrow. later

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man the parts are high:

The bracket costs $16, the sensor costs $34, the wiring costs $24, and the mirror cost me $204. The option when you buy the jeep $230. Guess I am getting ripped. I ordered a Rubicon with this option and while I was waiting they got a very similar one with more options than I ordered minus the mirror for the same price. Sure wish it came standard like the Sahara. Later

·
Registered
478 Posts
mirror $154.47USD
bracket$13.10 USD
sensor$23.49 USD
wiring$22.07 USD
plus shipping from CANADA eh!

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That sucks for me. Those prices add up to less than the cost if you order it when you buy the jeep, $230. Guess things in Canada are cheaper, seems like ya'll have been buying Rubi's fairly cheap up there too. later

·
Registered
478 Posts
I payed $24800.00 USD for my Rubicon
Dual top option, Temp/compass mirror, Storage trunk...I kick my ass every day for not ordering deep tint.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I paid just over $25K USD taxes all in. Tri-tops (sun-bonnet too), dimming mirror, deep tint, manual, no 7-speaker stereo and the OME lift installed by the dealer. Sounds to me that DC is selling the Rubicon for much cheaper here in Canada. Cool. :p

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
triver525 said:
I paid just over $25K USD taxes all in. Tri-tops (sun-bonnet too), dimming mirror, deep tint, manual, no 7-speaker stereo and the OME lift installed by the dealer. Sounds to me that DC is selling the Rubicon for much cheaper here in Canada. Cool. :p
I don't know about the actuall JP being cheaper but the parts are.. :D

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I paid $27160 plus tax and fees in Memphis TN ($2000 less than what it was supposed to sell for). They are selling lots of them for more than that. They were very anal and sticking to their guns on the price. I only got mine for that price because it came in while mine was on order and they thought it was mine (dumb asses). Mine was loaded with everything except the mirror and the automatic. Now I have the mirror only I'm dang near $300 lighter. Wish I could have taken a trip to get one up there. Later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts