Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the skinny on the bumper....

I recieved the bumper 2 months after I ordered it...so I was very patient....man..i started trying to type instructions on how to install this bumper but i couldnt...thats what a pain in the butt this was....Rear bumper from bullettproof seems very sturdy...with all the bolts I had to find ways to install and tighten (10 total) plus the additional ones inside the frame and behinde the frame where I could only fit a finger into it should be very strong....anyhow...major comments..

1. Seems like a VERY sturdy bumper...well thought out placement of securing points..
2. tow hitch was minimised to prevent dragg.
3. Rides very high.
4. way too expensive...though....dont know if I would do it again..but they do promise if you break it they will give you a new one.
5. I like the overall construction...BMFG welds the eyelets of their clevis tows all the way through their bumper..not just on the outside.

If youg got questions on the ARB let me know....easy install (unlike bullettproof).....great protection...love the winch protection.
Pete

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Re: Just in...Bullett Proof Bumper

petesjeeprubi said:
I just got my Bullett Proof Bumper in...if anyones interested I will post pictures of it later and tell how it fits...my only complaint so far without even opening the box is that it took 2 months to get it.
Pete
Never ask this group if they want you to post pics. You will only get one answer: MO PICS! :D

Jerry

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Re: Just in...Bullett Proof Bumper

JerryC said:
petesjeeprubi said:
I just got my Bullett Proof Bumper in...if anyones interested I will post pictures of it later and tell how it fits...my only complaint so far without even opening the box is that it took 2 months to get it.
Pete
Never ask this group if they want you to post pics. You will only get one answer: MO PICS! :D

Jerry
Yes I truly believe reading is for the birds....LOL... :oops:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't really care about Bullet Proof bumpers but I love checkin' out other people's Jeeps.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
pics...... HO`s we are...
show your bumper!
:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Picture, Picture, Picture, Picture, Picture.... Hint: PICTURE....

Okay a few of us are still working on coloring inside the lines, so pictures help.

"Let Loose the Pic hounds"

Ron

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still working on it guys...I got home from work today and there was only an hour worth of daylight...plus you have to install some of the nuts for the bracket braces from the inside of the frame...so I had to tape the washer and nut to the wrench and stick the wrench through a quarter sized hole...anyhow..I should be done by tomorrow and will post pics then..lol
Pete

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
Picture, Picture, Picture, Picture, Picture.... Hint: PICTURE....

Okay a few of us are still working on coloring inside the lines, so pictures help.

"Let Loose the Pic hounds"

Ron
OOOh Nooooo Mr. Bill. Not the picture hounds again!

Jerry

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bullet Proof Bumpers

Good to hear you finally got your bumper. Just yesterday I sent off for their price list. I'm interested in the FF7 59"L w/winch mount myself. Really impressed with the construction being a fully enclosed tubuler bumper. Wonder how much weight over the stock Rubi bumper?
Definitely interested in seeing your pics. Ever up here in Charlotte give us a buzz.

G

·
0 Posts
Factory Front Bumper = 21lbs
Factory Front Lights = 2lbs each
Factory Rear Bumper = 17lbs

Now if anyone has the Bulletproof weights, we can all do math... I may have to take my shoes off though. :lol:

Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts