Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I escaped unscathed from my recent UP trip but it was not meant to be!!

this is a bad angle but it is the rear of my shovel/dirt plow(read TC skid) and show it is bent up really well and the cover for the locker compressor is WRECKED!!! is cant et at the bolt!! :rofl:

This is the front of the plow/shovel bend completly over!! this could be whe I had a 5" diameter 7' long tree going over both axles that Rick and Matt had to break in half to remove :slap:

This is my front LCA....God only know how this happened but it cant be good :eek:

There is more typical stuff like REALLY scratched up wheels and hillbilly pinstriping but thats to be expected!!!!

Any way my shovel/plow is really MESSED up I may have to get a BELLY UP!!!!!!!! :eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumb:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DUDE...ahhhhhhh...like no seriously it wasnt. Not sure where your going with that , but I was wheelin in very deep mud on skidder trails so Im not sure if your implying I should have seen those hidden obstacles or what your point is

·
Registered
467 Posts
just asking if you are a newbie (which may explain why there was so much damage). the fact that i prefaced my post in a way that you wouldnt get your feelings hurt obviously didnt work. it also tells me everything i need to know.

thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mike seriously my feelings arent hurt and I did get your point I was just playing along dont take offense. It really isnt that bad, and frankly I was shocked how easily the stock skid was damaged. Honestly the problem was more the rocks in this very thick mud and also running down skidder trails that havent been touched in a great while there was alot of small branches etc in various areas. I unfortunalty was in the front so as good as my spotters were some stuff got caught up.

dont take offense it was meant as a humorus rebuttle/defense of my obvious rotten luck. I have been wheelin for 20years and I know it looks bad but sometimes thats the way she goes....what can I say guess it was my turn

Dont want to get off on the wrong foot though....just teying to play along

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
:beercheers:

round of drinks of water .....soda......beer!
now looks like you need a L A belly or Medic`s skid....
:wink:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Holy Shiat..........That is some serious damage... Now you have a good exuse to upgrade :D

I know that the stock skid is thin but I didn't think that is would bend like that. I guess that is why there are vibes coming from the t-case through the skid.

Hope you get it fixed soon... I would also suggest the Medic Skid...Send him a PM. Very good product and I believe that it would be bomb proof. :tomcat:

G

·
0 Posts
That stock skid bends pretty easy, if you lever the weight of the rubi onto it. It dosen't hold up very well. I twisted the front edge up on mine getting pulled off of a tree. When I got pulled off the tree rolled and one of the cut off stumps of a branch pushed up against the skid plate. Looks like bad luck for you this time out.

Ron

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually Medic turned me on to the board many months ago, when I went out to let him get some measurement for the Auto skid, but I have been reding and not posting. Kinda observing making sure I wanted to get involved.....But you guys are cool :oops: ...lol

So anyway I felt like I gotta off light(sorta) you Canadians know the terrian I speak of and sometime skidder trails turn ugly and we hit a REAL bad spot with lotsa winchin thru deep mud.. but other on our trip had worse.. two seriously bent LCA's two leaking pinoins, one close call with a trans (immeadiate flushing saved the day), a broken shock mount, and another rubi ripped one of the air lines off on some loggin trail debris.

Sorry if any one took offense I thought the Keanua Reeves speak in the beginning would be a good clue but reading it now I see I should have been more campy :wink:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
JustinRuby03 said:
Dammit... for a minute there I thought I was going to get to use the cyber vaporizer. :twisted:

Justin
Me too............ :wink:

You never know when we are around....We don't drive the black suburbans with tinted windows and Ray Ban Sunglasses. 8)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Where in the UP did all this take place???

G

·
0 Posts
Dudes, chalk up a bent oem shovel skid for me too. :cry:
Has anyone found a good replacement? :idea:

G

·
0 Posts
Talk to Medic :lol: He builds some raised skids, and last I saw a stock replacement. Medic will know the most.

Ron

·
Registered
384 Posts
Brian Has talked with me and is supposed to be coming over tommorow for the placement, Here is a pics with it on my jeep..

G

·
0 Posts
I just noticed the addition of the plate in the front is that for the Skid row skid?

Ron

·
Registered
384 Posts
NO, actually it s for my own designed oil pan skid that I am working on, in fact here is a picture of the front mounting plate. I still have to finish welding the skid tommorow before brian shows up. The plate is for a flush mount no lips or exposed edges...Jerry

1 - 20 of 23 Posts