Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May Long weekend....Blew the carrier out of his rear end. Used a piece of wood, drilled holes in it for the axle to pass through and then mega ductape.....Got him off the trail and back to camp!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Damn..........That is a hell of a creative trail fix. Very Cool :p

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
AWSOME!
thats a McGuyver Award winner for sure....

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was wheeling with a couple of guys in Landcruisers and one, who recently had his leafs replaced, broke the U-bolts on the drivers side. The installer was entirely to blame because he didn't cut the stubs of the bolts off but that didn't help us there. Anyway, he wrapped his winch cable around the spring and axle and drove all the way home like that. 60+ kms!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I will have to use that winch cable idea on a buddies JP.. He likes to break the spring perches on a regualar bases.....Hell he breaks something every time on the trail.... :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Figures I get in on this one late and all I get to see is a red X. Oh well, I like your shot Justin. Was the strap at all useable in the end, or is it now a souvenier?

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
I was out wheeling and a guy in the group broke off his rear spring hanger. The hanger ripped right off the frame.

We rapped it with the cable from a come along and he finished the trail and made it home ok.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Ron,

Well... probably stupidly... if thats a word... I still use it. There is just some wear on it but its holding up fine. I just hide when I winch or have a really fat friend stand near by. :twisted:

Justin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts