Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UCF LOPRO Transmission Mount. (black rubber)

Move your transfer case down into your skid plate to reduce driveline angles or allow you to install a TT without a body lift. Used for only 3 hours.

Fits 03-06 TJ. $95.00 Shipped.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: UCF LOPRO Transmission Mount

I might be a buyer! why did you take it off???

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I bought the LOPRO mount when I bought a UCF skid. I bought the "No Body Lift" skid and wanted the mount so I wouldn't be adding any more angle to my drivelines.

It works as advertised but the LOPRO is so beefy and ridged that it has a tendency to transfer a lot of the engine and drive train noise to the cab. Off road you don't notice it but at Hwy speeds it is very noticeable.

Beings my Jeep is a DD and I spend way more time on the road than I do off I felt that the stock Trans mount would be better for me.

I ended up building some 3/4" spacers for the skid instead and gave up a little clearance. With the UCF skid and adding the 3/4" spacers I still gained about an inch of clearance and have a way better designed skid which is all I really wanted anyway.

If I used my jeep primarily for off road the LOPRO mount would be the perfect match.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I decided not to sell it. I talked to Skinny Pedal and found out what the problem was and how to fix it. Now I have it reinstalled and I'm a happy camper. Thanks Josh.

I know.....I know.....I'm fickled....Sorry!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: UCF LOPRO Transmission Mount (No longer for sale) Sorry

So tell me what was the answer to the vibes. I really want to know the lowdown on this before purchasing.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: UCF LOPRO Transmission Mount (No longer for sale) Sorry

What it was, I had some metal-to-metal contact that I needed to clearance. There are 4 bolts that hold the LOPRO mount to the bracket that bolts to the TC. The two bolts nearest the hinge on the LOPRO were touching the lower part of the LOPRO mount. You can see this, and I did, before you even start to mount the LOPRO. I just didn't think anything about it. All I needed to do was grind a little metal away to give more clearance and all was good. It is so obvious and easy to fix I'm not sure why this isn’t done during manufacturing.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: UFC Skid & LOPRO mount (Back up for sale)

UCF Aluminum No Body-Lift skid & LOPRO mount back up for sale.

They just didn't work well with my set-up.

Make Offer.

·
Registered
82 Posts

can you post any pictures? I might be a buyer pending

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

[quote='01 Saharicon]can you post any pictures? I might be a buyer pending[/quote]
I sure will. Will tomorrow be OK?

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. Specs on the skid? Which thickness did you end up going with?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

06moneypit said:
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. Specs on the skid? Which thickness did you end up going with?
The one I have is the 1/4" Aluminum No Body-Lift.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

[quote='01 Saharicon]can you post any pictures? I might be a buyer pending[/quote]
Here are a few pictures. They are not the greatest so if you need others or would like to see from a different angle just give the word.

·
Registered
230 Posts

Will this work with the unlimited? How much? give us a ball park. Very, very interested!

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

jer1 said:
Will this work with the unlimited? How much? give us a ball park. Very, very interested!
They will fit a 03-06 TJ/LJ. I'm hoping to get somewhere close to $400.00 shipped for the two items (skid and LOPRO). I will sell them separately if you don't need both.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

No takers? This is good stuff and they are brand new. Just make me an offer.

warsw said:
Here are a few pictures. The pictures are not the greatest so if you need others or would like to see from a different angle just give the word.

·
Registered
582 Posts

I am interested, but like always, when stuff I want comes up, I have other stuff to do first....

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts

Is that the polyeurethane or Rubber bushing option?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

JayDub said:
Is that the polyeurethane or Rubber bushing option?
It's the Rubber bushing option. I bought it from Josh at "Skinny Pedal Products" about a month and a half ago.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

LOPRO mount is "sold" but the UFC skid is still up for grabs.

$325.00 plus shipping and it's yours.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts