Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Search results indicate that it has been a long time since this topic was brought up...

But what part numbers do I need for the front of my 2005 Jeep Rubicon? Part numbers as in Rock Auto part numbers? I would prefer greasable joints made by Moog, but I am open to suggestions.
Axle at the wheels?
shaft at the axle?
shaft at the transfer case?
May as well include the part number for the two u-joints in the back
Rock Auto lists 50 different u-joint for Jeeps, some for the Rubicon and some for Unlimited, and they list u-joints for a dozen or so different locations. Needless to say, it is daunting task trying to select the four u-joints I need on the Rock!

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
701 Posts
Check out this site... I just went through an overhaul of everything you just described:
Dana Spicer Universal joints for driveshafts and axles 1997 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ including Rubicon and Unlimited Rubicon

When dealing with drivetrain components I typically bounce between RockAuto and DDS (linked above) just to compare. Sometimes, RockAuto doesn't have something available when doing a big order. In my case, I ended up going with DDS just because their website was so helpful to me and saved time even though the landed cost was slightly more. Oh, and btw, their free shipping only took like three days from east coast to west coast where I am.

·
Administrator
10,919 Posts
Don't we have a thread on ROF with U-Joint part numbers?

·
3,491 Posts
we used to......

·
1,576 Posts
I did some searching on this forum and found all sorts of part numbers for u-joints on here. He wanted Rock Auto numbers of which I could find none. I thought someone smarter than me would respond. On the Rock Auto site there are literally 90 different u-joint options for purchase. I counted them o_O

·
Administrator
10,919 Posts
I have no idea what u joint the pinion end of my driveshaft uses now that I have my D60 RockJock rear axle 😕. It used to be a cross-over Spicer (X-nnnnn) since Tom Woods put the wrong yolk on that driveshaft. I didn't want to send it back so I just used the cross-over u joint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts