Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TV was taking forever turning on. If yours ever does the same thing it can be fixed for $10. Take off the back of the TV, look for the capacitors on the power board (top left on my board), the ones that are bulging on top are the ones that are bad. I had two 1200 uF 25V and two 1200 uF 10V that I replaced. I replaced them with 35V and 16V (you can go up in Voltage rating but uF value should be the same), they should last longer this time .
My TV went from taking five minutes to turn on to just four seconds!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
My old Pioneer receiver has been acting up. It turns on, but there is a delay before the amp is turned on. You know it's on when you here the relay click. The delay instead of seconds has increased to around 5 minutes. I have had the cover off and saw nothing suspicious, except for 28 years of dust, which I blew out.

Maybe when I feel ambitious I'll pull the cover again and take a closer look. I need a block diagram of the components on the board. I know about where the relay is and I suspect the issue is in that area, heck the delay might even be built into the relay.

How old is your TV? Good move putting the higher voltage caps in. Those electrolytics are a pain in older electronics.

·
Administrator
10,839 Posts
Good job Guy! Electrolytic caps are notorious for leaking their guts out and destroying pc board lands or just turning into basically a resistor.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Thanks for posting. I do not have the knowledge or skills to do a repair like this but I like that you were able to fix it.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,040 Posts
replace 70+ caps on my old Mitsibishi. finally gave up and bought a new TV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts