Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im coming to grips with the lack of storage space on my Rubi. Besides my old CJ my Wheeler was a highly Modded Isuzu Trooper on 33's, which had all the storage and then some.

I was looking at the Bestop Instatruck and the Tuffy Understea storage drawer: http://www.tuffyproducts.com/trunk/021.html

Only thing I dont like is the rear seat is raised 2-3-3/4 Inches (How can they be that far off on amount of height?)

Anyone had any expierience with this product? Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
I have the rear security drawer.
The holes didnt line up with the 2003 jeep's seat bolt holes.
I would call to verify that they have in fact taken care of the issue.
To solve my dilema, I got the 3" riser. Obviously you would be unable to do that.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
hmm, i had been thinking of the underseat drawer as well, but if you can't make it open to the front in the '03 TJ I will have to pass. I have an amp mounted in my trunk that would prevent rearward opening.

·
Registered
351 Posts
underseat storage

I had the prototype "rubicon" underseat storage from Tuffy it line up perfect and the seat works perfect. The only issue is the how high it is. My son is 5'8" and when he is in the back seat he is staring right at the cage. Which kind of defeats the purpose of having a cage. Other than that it's great. My 9 year old fits fine.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
I am curious about how they handle the seat belts where they attach in the middle of the floor.
Is that relocated to the drawer or do they remain in the same spot??

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
does the Rubicon refit one allow opening forward or backward as previous models did?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Elf, the seat belts are relocated to the top front lip of the drawer.
Lothos, the drawer I have (read prototype) could only mount facing to the rear I cut a slot in my insta trunk to keep the whole thing hidden. You may want to call and see if the production version can be reversed.
P.S. has anyone installed the Tuffy #066 center console?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts