Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this installed?
Is it really secure or will a pry bar just pop it out of the dash?
The one I found is here from Quadratech.

Need a place where the pistol can safely reside when you can't wear it into certain establishments.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
save your money...... that box can be ripped into in a few seconds
the tuffy center console is harder to get into .
but having the sub woofer cant use the center console... :cry:
i sent a pm...to ya on idea how to stash a pistola
:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid of that......that's why I asked.
And of course there's a subwoofer in my console :(

Anywho, PM'd you back and will pursue other options.
Any other ideas appreciated.

LM

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, mine is in it's second TJ, the first one someone tried with a prybar to get in, the Tuffy held fine, trashed my dash. I also had the center console insert in my '99 (still sitting on my shelf now). If a thief want's in, they'll get there, but it will keep the non-pro's out IMO.

Ron

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree with Ron. I had some kids try to get in with a screwdriver and couldn't budge the Tuffy. They did pop the cheap console lock and got my CD's though. Lucky they were all burned copies. Now I have a high powered rifle on a tripod aimed towards my Jeep from my office window. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, maybe this will work for me. After all I don't need perfect security, just reasonable security. Detering the slash, pop and grab crew.

Stevo said:
Now I have a high powered rifle on a tripod aimed towards my Jeep from my office window. :D
That'll work.......but how do you get the blood stains out of the carpet? :?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here's an alternative instead of getting possible jail time

Stevo said:
I agree with Ron. I had some kids try to get in with a screwdriver and couldn't budge the Tuffy. They did pop the cheap console lock and got my CD's though. Lucky they were all burned copies. Now I have a high powered rifle on a tripod aimed towards my Jeep from my office window. :D

Invest in a good paintball gun. :twisted: Then shoot the crap out of 'em in the legs or ass if/when you catch them in the act. That will give you a tell-tale sign for their give-away and inflict some pain on the little f*ckers. Those guns shoot hard and leave whelts for a week or so. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts