Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving home tonight and heard a loud crash from my drawer. Thought something shifted but when I got home I found the whole left side dropped out. Looks like the spot welds that hold the drawer to the slide broke. No way it's overloaded though I do have some weight from tools and recovery gear.
Anyone know if Tuffy warranties this stuff, it's about 4 yrs old.?

Oh yeah, it's the big one with the riser underneath it. Pics tomorrow, too tired.....

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
Im sure they do. Send them an email. They usually get back to me within 1 day.

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
Tuffy Warranty http://www.tuffyproducts.com/t-warranty.aspx

We build Tuffy steel products to last a lifetime and that’s how long we’ll stand behind them. Tuffy steel products are fully warranted against defects in material and workmanship, excluding the coating, under normal use during the time that the original owner possesses the vehicle in which the part is installed and used. Products which are not manufactured by Tuffy Security Products at their facility including but not limited to component parts and accessories are covered by their manufacturers standard warranty not the Tuffy warranty. Tuffy aluminum products are covered by this warranty for one year from the date of purchase by the original owner. Warranty does not cover rusting, the coating, expenses for installation, service, or down time. Warranty does not cover material, labor, or additional parts required for replacement or repair of damages, malfunctions, or service failures caused by abuse (including fire or wreckage), misuse, neglect, failure to follow the manufacturers operating and/or installation instructions, repairs made or attempted by unauthorized persons, and/or any claim for incidental or consequential damages for breach of any express or implied warranties. Tuffy Security Products, Inc. shall only be responsible to the extent of replacing or repairing materials supplied to customers which are determined by Tuffy Security Products, Inc. to be defective and shall have no liability beyond such repair or replacement. Tuffy Security Products, Inc., expressly disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, and specifically disclaims any implied or other warranty of fitness for any particular purpose for which the product is supplied without Tuffy Security Products, Inc.’s knowledge or consent. Any use or application of the material and/or products supplied to its customers for the purpose not intended for such material and/or products shall operate to void all warranties and Tuffy Security Products, Inc. expressly disclaims any liability resulting from material and/or product failure in such event. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
The Tuffy guys have been very responsive to every email I have sent them in the past.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to hear, now I gotta get some pics and an email.....

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GREAT company.....they are more than bending over backwards to help me out....now I gotta find who I bought it from to save a couple bucks....

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Unless they want to send you a new one on their dime, shipping your broken drawer to get repaired will probably cost you more than having a local guy fix it for you.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turns out the slide is held on by 6 TINY (6x32) screws on the drawer side and 4 not much bigger screws on the frame side! The slide is a little messed up, but that's it! The whole drawer was hanging by one side and the latch yet nothing else broke or even bent. The 6 tiny screws on that side sheared causing the box to drop on one side. They were so small I thought they were spot welds at first.

Tuffy is going to send me a new slide, but in that meantime I "reinforced" the whole design with 1/4 bolts.
Not sure if the screws are made to be a weak link, but I can't beleive how weak that setup is.

In any case, great company to deal with, actually got a human who gave me her email and extension for the ongoing repair.

·
3,633 Posts
In case you need another complete unit, I still have mine for sale...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts