Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I edited the title since the first problem was, I thought, my seat model.)

Recently I purchase two different versions of the tuffy concealed drawer and neither of them seem to fit. I have a late model 2006 TJ with a slide/fold/tumble seat that appears to be a passenger mount. I would appreciate if you could verify if this is normal since my 04 has a fold only.

Outside with it locked back

Outside with it slid forward

Underneath the front (this bar is my problem)

Underneath the back

I think the factory ran out of the fold only version and gave me another passenger :-x

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Re: 06 TJ/LJ, does your DRIVER seat mounts have/are this type?

My '05 is the same way...

So you're saying the Tuffy underseat drawer won't work now with that style??? How about on the passenger side? I have been meaning to get a couple. Good to know.

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

[quote='05TJLWBRUBY]My '05 is the same way...

So you're saying the Tuffy underseat drawer won't work now with that style??? How about on the passenger side? I have been meaning to get a couple. Good to know.

Best of Luck,

Mike[/quote]

Unless the bar can be removed or the seat lifted 1.5 inches(to be checked), there is no way either the (fold and tumble, 97-02TJ) or (fold only, 03+) under seat drawer versions will work. I am going to rip the seat out and see what can be done. I will get this to fit, just do not know how.

This will not work under the passenger side since the seat is a little different and the floor jack is in the way.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts

My '06 has fold and tumble on both sides. It also has home made seat 1.25" seat risers. Sounds like you just need to make your risers 1.5" and you'll be golden.

- DAA

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

DAA said:
My '06 has fold and tumble on both sides. It also has home made seat 1.25" seat risers. Sounds like you just need to make your risers 1.5" and you'll be golden.

- DAA

According to Tuffy, I should not need a seat riser but I do have a 1". I just tried putting it on top of the bar and it almost fits but the seat will not lock closed.

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Tuffy Concealed Carry drawer install problem. (title edit)

If the seat was lifted 2", I would be able to fit the box under the bar but I should not need to raise it that high for this to install.

edit- Problem fixed.

Since I ordered this, Tuffy changed the product from this one fitting a late model TJ to a specialty smaller box on for the 03-06 slider seat.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Thanks for coming back with that info-I was a little bummed when you said it wouldn't fit as I would like a couple of these for various items that shouldn't be out in plain sight...

Hope the install of your new slim version is a breeze. Maybe pics if you can?

Best of luck,

Mike

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote='05TJLWBRUBY]Maybe pics if you can?

Best of luck,

Mike[/quote]

Will do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts