Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
You can easily build a TT. You will need a DC rear DS though. I have a Rough Country 2” lift long arm setup and made my own TT. Savvy TC shift cable is necessary. My TC is 1/2” from the floor in one place but it works perfect. No massaging the floor pan. I have a 2 1/4” BL. Bolted a flat piece of 1/4” plate to the long arm mount on the frame rails for my TT. Quite an improvement over the shovel! Cut a piece of 2X4 1/8” wall lengthwise and modified the factory piece that the trans mount bolts to to give me an extra 1/2”. Took a couple hours of laying under the LJ with a buddy to engineer. It’s slick. You’ll be surprised what you can build if you put your mind to it!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Not exactly as I remembered but pics tell the story. I had to modify the piece the transmission mount bolts to to give maximum tuck. Slotted the holes for comfort :wink2: The three structural pieces are continiously welded to the plate for regidity/strength. The transmission mount nuts are hidden from any rocks etc up in the skid plate. Plan is to support the front section and tie into an engine skid plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
I tried to PM back but it didn't work. PM me a phone number if you want to ask questions.

·
Registered
2005 Rubicon LJ
36 Posts
I do. It's at my buddies place in Zimmerman MN. I'd have to check but thinking it is 1/4 inch. PM me if you like.

Did you ever sell the skid? if not, I would be interested. Sorry can't pm, don't have enough posts yet.

·
Registered
2005 Rubicon LJ
36 Posts
It's still in Minnesota. If you are in NJ it might not work out.
Would you be willing to ship. I have no problem paying, shipping would be to 07876. Thanks.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts