Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
I'm watching this thread too. I am planning on getting these tires this summer in 285/75R16 (32.7x11.2). They seem to be very good for a weekend warrior/daily driver. Any information is appreciated!

G

·
0 Posts
I have them and LOVE them. they actually measure 33x11.4R16 (285x75R16). They have great traction on everything I can dish at them, and in mud they clean great. They are my tire from now on, guaranteed!
They grip rocks, and even in the snow they seem to grip well. HTH 8)

Pick

G

·
0 Posts
Pick said:
I have them and LOVE them. they actually measure 33x11.4R16 (285x75R16). They have great traction on everything I can dish at them, and in mud they clean great. They are my tire from now on, guaranteed!
They grip rocks, and even in the snow they seem to grip well. HTH 8)

Pick
Are you running those 33s on your Rubi or YJ? I have heard that these tires are very heavy. I would like to know how the RPMs are on the highway. Do you have an auto or standard? I've read all the reviews on their offroad performance but haven't seen much on road. If they are on your Rubi, what lift do you have?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The RPM's are going to be the same with any 33in tire. Very little difference if any in a 1-.5" high difference.

Weight has nothing to do with RPM's

G

·
0 Posts
LILRDJP said:
Yeah, that sounds right. I must quit posting near the end of my 12 pack :) I meant to ask about the additional unsprung weight. Do you feel a noticeable difference in acceleration? Also, does the overdrive pop in and out a lot on the highway? How is the cruise at about 70? I drive a ton of highway miles.

I have been trying to get someone to detail the rubicon on road characteristics with 33s. I guess I just can't word this question right???

G

·
0 Posts
tj_steve said:
LILRDJP said:
Yeah, that sounds right. I must quit posting near the end of my 12 pack :) I meant to ask about the additional unsprung weight. Do you feel a noticeable difference in acceleration? Also, does the overdrive pop in and out a lot on the highway? How is the cruise at about 70? I drive a ton of highway miles.

I have been trying to get someone to detail the rubicon on road characteristics with 33s. I guess I just can't word this question right???
Ok, yes, they are on the Rubi, and no I don't notice any acceleration difference, but I don't "drag race". It launches fine, and goes well with traffic, I hope I answered what you were asking. No the Overdrive doesn't pop in and out alot, unless in the mountains, but no more noticable then the 31's, either way. They handle great on the highway, and being siped they are great wet road traction tires, and noticably so compared to the MTR's. These tires took [email protected] 6 hours up to Paragon (had 3-4 foot of snow there, and aired down, never got stuck) then back on wet roads and was extremely sure footed. I have the Automatic. I have a 2" BB, with a 1"body lift with the 285X75R16's and the Trxus are great. I hope I answered everything, if not just let me know, and I'll answer you the best I can. My opinion on tires was I loved the MTR's, much better even then the BFG's, but due to the place I was ordering my tires from,they didn't have the MTR's in stock and a free shipping deal was about to go away. I saw they had the Trxus, and knowing Interco to have great tires, said I'll take them. I got 5 of them and insurance for like $750, with free shipping. Now I use my Rubi for my DD and my offroader, and have been very impressed with them. I can't recommend them enough, they're a great tire. HTH

Pick

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Black.....

I believe they are about $125US a tire..

Check the web for some tire deals... They are $200 CDN for me.

G

·
0 Posts
The traxus are nice tires but the lack of quality control at manufactureing is annoying... I know these are heave tires but the best tire of the 4 that I balanced to 19oz of weight to balance it. A normal tire will usually balance at about 1.5 oz... So if you are looking at purchasing them, expect ALOT of weights on the outside of your rim or expect to be shaken around alot.

G

·
0 Posts
The stock wheels and MT/Rs are E rated and about as heavy (75lbs) as most 33s mounted up.

Been looking at the 255/85-16 (33x10) Interco MTs, too (want more clearance than stock; footprint is 'enough' and perhaps a little less rolling weight). They seem to run around $110.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ninh said:
The traxus are nice tires but the lack of quality control at manufactureing is annoying... I know these are heave tires but the best tire of the 4 that I balanced to 19oz of weight to balance it. A normal tire will usually balance at about 1.5 oz... So if you are looking at purchasing them, expect ALOT of weights on the outside of your rim or expect to be shaken around alot.

Are you using these on new rims?........I have found that the tires are generally not the problem. I had MTR's that shook like a Biatch and it was my AR767 rims that were bent. AR's are known to come new out of round and this leads to alot of wieght for a decent or acceptable balance.

G

·
0 Posts
LILRDJP,
Kick this around a while (between the traxus vs. swampers)and I decided to go with the 32"S. swamper TSL.Maybe more $$ but I ran the 36"TSL'S on my last TJ and loved them.Got to go with a sure thing :wink:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK... I have been riding on these tires for a little over a month now and let me tell you.....These are the best tire I have ever used... I have had GoodYear, BFG, and numerous no name tires and these tires have far exceeded any expectation that I had... I have had the opportunity to use them in all applications of driving and WOW...

First off.. It has rained, snowed and Freezing rain since I have had these and I have had uncomparable traction in all conditions.....When I am riding these tires in the city I have full control and confidence in these tires...

Second... Mud and Sand... These tires are amazing with the ability to self clean quickly and effectively... only down fall is that when the JP can't go forward anymore in the mud these tires just change digging direction and off to China we go..... :)

Third... I rode these tire in Paragon for 3 days.. Once getting the air pressure adjusted (10psi) these tires performed awesome.. Excellent traction and the tires just mold around the rocks with maximum traction.. The side wall are very strong.

These tires are the quietest tire that I have ever heard... or should I say can't hear... Top off, Doors off and I would swear I was riding on some AT's..

I would recomend these tires to anyone that is looking for a Tire that definately surpasses the price...

Cheers..

If anyone has further questions please feel free to ask...

G

·
0 Posts
Love these tires. They did take alot of weight though to balance. Quieter then stock and smooth ride. $125 ea.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

G

·
0 Posts
Is anyone new running these tires? How is the tire holding up for those already running the Trxuss? How many miles do you now have on these treads?
-Ken

G

·
0 Posts
The TrXus are holding up great. I'm at about 6,000 miles on them and they still look new.

Pick 8)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts