Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to the dealership and took some pics of my new Jeep while it was still in the shop. They have installed the lift and the tires and it looks fan-fricken-tastic!!!! Here are a couple of pics. I will post more when I get the BL and bumper on and I can get out to do some posing.

Real Jeeps are bought, not built.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Glad to see you got the picture posting worked out....Nice looking Jeep (my 2nd favourite color!!!) Tell me why you are not taking that bad boy home right now? It's going to take forever for Monday to come.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust me, it is taking all the strength and self discipline that I have to not take it home today. I am waiting until Monday because DC releases the new financing programs and even though they are good right now, they could get better and I have the opportunity to choose the most benificial one.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
SWEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you got a clock that is counting down in your house?..... :D

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
What are the Specs?

That looks really sweet

What Lift and size tires did you go with?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I lucked out and found a cancelled special order OME kit that one of the semi-local shops was going to send back to ARB. I was able to swoop in and scoop it up and they gave it to me at a SMOKIN' good deal because they didn't want to ship it back. That came with the heavy duty springs, shocks and steering stabilizer. The tires that are on there are 285/75 R16s. As soon as I get it I am going to be installing a body lift so I can clear those tires properly and get max flex without hitting the fenders.

·
Registered
340 Posts
OK....make me jealous.....How much did you get the OME kit for? That is the kit that I am leaning towards right now based on all the ride reports.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it ended up at around $850 CAN. I don't know how possible it would be to repeat that. I think this may have been a right place, right time sort of thing. If you are interested in looking into it though, North Shore Off Road can usually sell you parts for cheaper than the local Calgary shops. Including shipping. That will vary on the day though.

·
Registered
340 Posts
What did you get for the $850....4 springs, 4 shocks and the little 3/4 spacers? I have been to NSOR....old BC boy! Very cool place!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4 springs, 4 shocks, stabilizer and bump stop spacers. That also included shipping from Van to Calgary. It was still $100 cheaper than Modern Motors' best price.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really, you can't get a much more beautiful mountain scen than this.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Looks like you had fun.....Wish I was there!

Hey what's the idea of going out without your spare?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The spare is under the tonneau cover. It doesn't fit on the spare carrier. I have to get a new rear bumper or do a body lift so I can sit the spare on the bumper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What are the demensions of your tires(are they 33x12.50)? do you rub when you flex? that is one nice rubi :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the compliment. That picture was taken in the Rockies of Alberta. We share the same mountain range as Colorado.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts