Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has information or pictures on the unconventional front trackbar that TCG is installing these days on TJs. I think it is an offshoot of the Rand D they did on there rockstar YJ with the Warn XCL kit they modified. There was a little blurp about the new system with an AiRock Rubicon article in the mags a few months ago.

From what I did see it looks like it might be a really good option, though not a bolt on one. The trackbar has zero bends in it, so it could be way stronger. The mount on the axle ( though new, and welded on ) looks like it could be a little bit of a rock magnet, however the bracket looks much stronger than the factory one by far. The mount on the frame side is changed also, dropped way down, and braced to the other framerail. The steering is also changed to a t-linkage type over the stock knuckles. The entire track-bar system looks like it is moved way forward, maybe allowing for the axle to be moved forward 1" or so for better tire/rear fender clearance. This would be a BIG help for running bigger tires.

I will have to see if I can find a picture to scan/link/transfer...

Both on the original YJ with the XCL, very much the same on the TJ.
Crappy pic of the YJ front...you can kinda see it.

small grainy shot of the front straight on...

Anyone have any info?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the HUGE freeking pic.....

·
Registered
740 Posts
I was gonna say...small grainy pic? :D

Just called Tri-county to get the rear track bar reinforcement this morning and I did ask if they had a front reinforcement for the track bar. The answer was no. However, I didn't know about the set up your pointing to. Looking at the front axle mount point on the rubicon, I do think it will be problematic in the future (especially with the airock).

·
Registered
368 Posts
thats odd because i remember reading an article in one of mags oon the airock (which tcg set up) and the gold rubi with the flaming eagle had the front track bar relocation bracket on it, in fact they article said they would be reporting on it in an upcoming issue (which i did not get)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts