Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just changed out the leaking radiator in my 2004 TJ Rubicon (automatic transmission). I want to replace the rubber hoses that go to the transmission cooler (in the radiator). What type and size hoses? No OE available that I could find.

·
2,020 Posts
Welcome to ROF!

I also have a 2004 Auto Rubi. Are you asking about the metal to rubber stock lines that go to and from the transmission directly? I did some looking and ran into the dead end you did. I put in an auxiliary cooler in mine using rubber transmission hose, but I've never fabricated off the transmission its self. I think I read on here some years back about a similar question. You'll get more feedback soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, just the rubber hoses (2) that go directly into the radiator. Not the metal lines.

·
Premium Member
2005 Jeep TJ Rubicon
78 Posts
Welcome to ROF!

I also have a 2004 Auto Rubi. Are you asking about the metal to rubber stock lines that go to and from the transmission directly? I did some looking and ran into the dead end you did. I put in an auxiliary cooler in mine using rubber transmission hose, but I've never fabricated off the transmission its self. I think I read on here some years back about a similar question. You'll get more feedback soon.
Not trying to hijack the thread but I'm researching trans and engine oil coolers. What did you install? and where did you mount it?

·
2,020 Posts
It’s a B&M. I’ll take some pics and start a thread tomorrow. You can jump on board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just FYI, I just bought two sections of 3/8 fuel line and installed, works just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts