Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
Recently purchased a '04 Rubicon with auto. The PO said the tranny was shot, so I removed it and had it rebuilt. However trying to reinstall it, I realized it was missing the transmission mounting bracket, ordered it on ebay and now trying to reinstall the transmission and the extension housing holes aren't lining up with the bracket or the transmission mount, no he didn't have either on the vehicle when I removed it, so I wasn't aware when I pulled the tranny.

What am I missing, another bracket? In one of the pics you can see I have bolted it to the engine and slid the bracket on the exhaust, but their is clearly a lot of room between the housing and the bracket in addition to the holes not aligning with the bolts.

HELP!

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,678 Posts
Hi and welcome to ROF! I'll have a look at mine later today if nobody else has chimed in. Also you might be able to find an exploded parts list with diagrams online, I've used my local Jeep dealer to look up part numbers, you enter your VIN to be certain the parts are a match for your vehicle.

·
Registered
771 Posts
do you have the stock skid plate? how did it not have the mount?

manual and auto trans mounts are different. looks like you have the manual bracket

1 - 4 of 4 Posts