Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Some of those could be a good deal at an auto insurance auction.
It's not like they were running while rolling/upside down, or had high speed impact or rolling damage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My Dads first 4x4 was brand new with severe hail damage, 74 Dodge Powerwagon, if it fit, it went. Road no road, no matter.

Can’t help but think the same if I could pic up one of these.

·
Administrator
15,106 Posts

·
Administrator
15,106 Posts
Some of those could be a good deal at an auto insurance auction.
It's not like they were running while rolling/upside down, or had high speed impact or rolling damage.
All will be destroyed....
Chrysler can't and will not take a chance on any damaged vehicle getting on the highway
railroad insurance will cover the cost ... Chrysler isn't losing anything
:wink2:

·
Registered
395 Posts
All will be destroyed....
Chrysler can't and will not take a chance on any damaged vehicle getting on the highway
railroad insurance will cover the cost ... Chrysler isn't losing anything
:wink2:
I don't doubt your sources...

I would think at the very least they could be parted out.
I can't wrap my head around how engine, drivetrain, interior parts, etc. could possibly end up being responsible for any future liability.

I remember years ago our local power company had to separate the boom/bucket from the truck's chassis before auctioning them because of liability concerns.
They now auction as complete units, not sure if they now require release of liability forms to bypass the issue.

I guess in our current litigious society it's not worth taking chances.:frown2:

·
Registered
516 Posts
You have to remember that people love to sue the auto manufactures and Judges like to side on Joe public. I mean Judges have cars and don't like spending money. A little biased maybe?

Fca will not sell vehicles that have had a significant amount of damage nor will they part them out. Can you imagine the headlines if someone got a used part off of a wreck. The media would definitely spin that one.

Fca won't actually crush them though. As with movie cars a lot of them get sent to their training centers and they try to donate as many as they can to trade schools. It is kind of funny when you walk into a school and see new product being molested by students.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts