Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out to Sedona in a few weeks, first time. Taking the Jeep and looking to run a few trails. Anyone have some recommendations with current condition, maybe a can’t miss thing to do or see while I’m in the area. Nothing too crazy, running 33’s. Looking at a couple of day trips, using Gaia to lay out runs.

·
3,668 Posts
I'd love to wheel AZ - I don't have recommendations, but am watching to see what recommendations you get.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Schnebly hill is a badge of honor trail. It can be run on a stocker.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check out the Wells books, it has the more prominent in the area. Arizona Off Road Trails - FunTreks
Broken Arrow is very red rock scenic trail and I would go over to Devil's Bridge and make the short hike out to it (another scenic outlook)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: Mouse

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not a frequent flier here, so I hope this doesn't go 'against the grain' We live smack dab between the AZ Peace trail and the El Camino Del Diablo. Neither four wheeling in the 'rock climbing' sense, but both really good jeeping times...
Take care, Rob

BTW, if you do either and overnight near Wellton, you can camp out at our strip, and have great Pizza at Dusty's :)

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
That is a nice offer. Thanks, Rob.

Reactions: Mouse

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not a frequent flier here, so I hope this doesn't go 'against the grain' We live smack dab between the AZ Peace trail and the El Camino Del Diablo. Neither four wheeling in the 'rock climbing' sense, but both really good jeeping times...
Take care, Rob

BTW, if you do either and overnight near Wellton, you can camp out at our strip, and have great Pizza at Dusty's :)
Headed that direction last week April from Indianapolis area... bucket list for buddy we will have 2 Wranglers I Rubi and 1 Sahara 4 door ... total green horns but hope to explore your beautiful area...

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you are near the 'big city' (Phoenix) another trail ride worthy of taking would be the back way from Lake Pleasant to Crown king.
Another one that can easily be accomplished bone stock, but there's always something fun about starting on the desert floor and finishing the day in the pines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm heading out the last week of August too, from SoCal. Been in Sedona and the whole southwest area several times. Gorgeous scenery. Lots of off road beautiful ares to see, without getting too radical if you don't want to. Ditto on the Funtrek books. That's all you need to get started. 2006 Rubicon wit 35's. Can't wait.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just a thought... last week of August will be a great time to pack all the extra liquids you can. :) Sedona's taller than our neck of the woods, but it still get's plenty toasty.

Take care, Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts