3,634 Posts
Can't wait to see how it comes together

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Me too. Hope to live that long. LOL.
I worked like crazy on it before I retired. That was 9-10 years ago. It sat for a long time just collecting dust and rust so I could work on houses. On New Years I told the wife screw everything else, I’m getting this done. If all the cards fall correctly I’ll make my Valentine’s Day deadline. That hopefully will include getting it tagged. No even sure how to do that as CA DMV offices are closed. I’ll have to research.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
In CA of all places. You’re a pioneer/leader!
I think one of the greatest forms of torture know to man is going to a CA DMV. Just horrific. Being exposed to such maniacal stupidity is beyond belief. Now during Covid it’s made much worse. Just terrible. Blood pressure is best to be under control. The CA DMV can make a preacher cuss like a sailor. 72% of all recovering alcoholics fall off the wagon during a visit. The term “friendly service” is totally absent. They invented liberalism at the CA DMV. They test procedures and forms to not only confuse the situation but to also be used in the office pool of who is going to piss off people the most. Only simple procedure is to get a valid CA ID card. Simple kiosk that you do it yourself. No need for a SSN or proof of citizenship. Just fill out whatever you wish and pay $10 and register to vote at the same time. Bonus. Just awful to a Patriot type of person.
BTW. I won’t be able to fly anymore come October by showing TSA my CA drivers license.Now I need a “Real” ID or a passport. LOL.

·
1,785 Posts
I concur 😀
I was so glad to let my Class A license go. I had to jump through hoops every year.

Funny story. My daughter-in-law’s dad works for Caltrans and has a glass eye. During the eye test at the DMV they told him to cover his glass eye. He said it was a glass eye and that he had no eye there. They still told him to cover it. He reminded them again it was glass. They insisted. He gave in. He took his eye out, put it on the counter and then put his hand over it. He said the woman turned white. This was before my son married his daughter. From that point on, I knew we were going to hit it off as dads.

·
Administrator
15,138 Posts
Bob ....
ever watch this movie ........watch Lucy collect rocks put in trailer... Ricky didn't know LMAO

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Bob ....
ever watch this movie ........
LOL Just watched again not long ago. Funny as hell. The tow setup is interesting. There is a dolly wheel under the hitch to support the weight. Hand brake! RVing back then was a matter of sticking your neck way out there. BTW, we load rocks all the time, but not in the RV. LOL

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
WW2 star.

The way I understand it—-on DDay 1944 once the ships left England they painted these stars on all equipment (in white). Reason being they knew Germany had Jeeps anyway and other equipment that was brought from Africa and Italy. Due to spy’s they didn’t paint these on till the invasion. The order went out if you see a Jeep with no star blast that sucker.
cool story, I think it’s true.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Finally got it done. I need to fine tune the brake controller. And I have to figure out how to tag it. I think DMV only takes appointments for driving tests! I may just drive there and see what’s what. I tried to post a video but failed!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts