Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I have a 3.5" RE lift and a 1" body lift)
I installed my RE adjustable trackbar this weekend. Drove the Jeep around and measured everything. The axle was 1.25" further out on the drivers side, than the passenger side. Took the bar off and adjusted it all of the way in. The axle is still between 3/4" and 1" too far to the drivers side.
I called RE and they said they have never seen that problem, and there was nothing they could do. The bar is just too long.
He said with a total of 25" of tire width, that 1" in the grand scheme of things should not be a big deal.
Am I going to have any issues with the axle being off center that amount?
Does anyone know if the JKS adjustable trackbar is shorter than the RE or stock bar?

Thanx,
Brian

·
Registered
467 Posts
are you sure you dont have a 11.5" tire on one side and a 12.5" tire on the other? :D

hey with all of the talk around here about people having 4.5" springs instead 3.5" that they THOUGHT they had, you never know.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Tigger said:
(I have a 3.5" RE lift and a 1" body lift)
I installed my RE adjustable trackbar this weekend. Drove the Jeep around and measured everything. The axle was 1.25" further out on the drivers side, than the passenger side. Took the bar off and adjusted it all of the way in. The axle is still between 3/4" and 1" too far to the drivers side.
I called RE and they said they have never seen that problem, and there was nothing they could do. The bar is just too long.
He said with a total of 25" of tire width, that 1" in the grand scheme of things should not be a big deal.
Am I going to have any issues with the axle being off center that amount?
Does anyone know if the JKS adjustable trackbar is shorter than the RE or stock bar?

Thanx,
Brian
How long have you had the lift on. If the springs have not settled yet you will see a difference. Mine is slowly moving where is should but I know that I need a adjustable.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With Procomps quality controll, it is very possible that I have a 11.5 and 12.5" tires :wink: Y

Yeah, the springs are loaded. The lift has been on for 8 months, so it has settled pretty well. It is possible that I got the 4.5" springs as it sits pretty high, but I am still not sure.
I am going to measure the stock track bar and have my supplier contact JKS to see if theirs is shorter.

Worst case, I will pull the 1602 bracket off (major pain in the ass) weld 2 plates on it and redrill the holes further over. We are also looking at cutting off the end of the track bar and refabricating it shorter.

Brian

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Tigger said:
With Procomps quality controll, it is very possible that I have a 11.5 and 12.5" tires :wink: Y

Yeah, the springs are loaded. The lift has been on for 8 months, so it has settled pretty well. It is possible that I got the 4.5" springs as it sits pretty high, but I am still not sure.
I am going to measure the stock track bar and have my supplier contact JKS to see if theirs is shorter.

Worst case, I will pull the 1602 bracket off (major pain in the ass) weld 2 plates on it and redrill the holes further over. We are also looking at cutting off the end of the track bar and refabricating it shorter.

Brian
Brian

It is possible that your got 4.5" springs..Ask Mac about it.

If you are going to make any changes to anything make it to the trackbar and NOT the bracket. Playing with the bracket can leave some long term trauma.

G

·
0 Posts
That is entirely to weird. Mine centered right up with the stock bar and RE's bracket. I have the 3.5 springs (maybe 4.5). The taller spring would actually move the assembly further to the passenger side, so that isn't the issue. Is the RE track bar and the stock one the same length?

Ron

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PBR Stitch said:
That is entirely to weird. Mine centered right up with the stock bar and RE's bracket. I have the 3.5 springs (maybe 4.5). The taller spring would actually move the assembly further to the passenger side, so that isn't the issue. Is the RE track bar and the stock one the same length?

Ron
No, the stock bar is about 1/4" shorter, but not enough to make up for the difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts