Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 jeep wrangler rubicon
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had the original tps on my 05 tj go out at around 130,000 miles, and replaced with a mopar unit (#05019411AD). The problem is, when I open the throttle, the tps reading increases, but does not reset to an idle reading (If i move the throttle to say, 45%, it will hang there, and not reset to idle). This led to some other issues, including causing dtc p0068 (tps/map correlation), and the engine refusing to fire up due to the sensor being stuck at a WOT reading, placing the engine into clear flood mode. So, I replaced with another sensor, thinking I may have just got a faulty sensor, but I got the same thing. I replaced the sensor for a third time just today (again, mopar part), same deal. The only sensor I have had any luck with was an advance auto sensor, no issues with that one. The chances of getting three faulty sensors seems quite low, so I'm wondering if it's something I did. I didn't disconnect the battery for any of these replacements, is it possible that could have damaged the sensors in some way?

Also, first post. So, y'know, yay for that.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be more inclined to believe that, but the issue only comes up with the mopar sensors. I have an advance auto sensor on there now, with no issues. Checked with my scanner, the parts store sensor works fine. I just find it strange.

·
1,488 Posts
Did you notice the plug feeling different between the Mopar set and the Advance plug?

I guess if it works, shrug and move on, but I’d be curious about the functionality of the Mopar sensors.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the plug felt the same between them. Guess I'll just stick with the Advance sensor, though I would prefer a (functional) mopar for additional peace of mind.

·
Administrator
10,781 Posts
Welcome to ROF!

Interesting you are getting a P068, I've had that problem ever since I installed a RIPP supercharger. New tune, new MAF, larger injectors was part of the kit. I think I replaced the TPS and still got the code set. I might have to revisit this.

·
Registered
395 Posts
So, I had the original tps on my 05 tj go out at around 130,000 miles, and replaced with a mopar unit (#05019411AD). The problem is, when I open the throttle, the tps reading increases, but does not reset to an idle reading (If i move the throttle to say, 45%, it will hang there, and not reset to idle). This led to some other issues, including causing dtc p0068 (tps/map correlation), and the engine refusing to fire up due to the sensor being stuck at a WOT reading, placing the engine into clear flood mode. So, I replaced with another sensor, thinking I may have just got a faulty sensor, but I got the same thing. I replaced the sensor for a third time just today (again, mopar part), same deal. The only sensor I have had any luck with was an advance auto sensor, no issues with that one. The chances of getting three faulty sensors seems quite low, so I'm wondering if it's something I did. I didn't disconnect the battery for any of these replacements, is it possible that could have damaged the sensors in some way?

Also, first post. So, y'know, yay for that.
Is it possible the AA sensor is a little different internally and doesn't have the install tang requirement?
Here's a clip from the FSM. (No mention of disconnecting the battery.)
tps.PNG

·
Registered
531 Posts
Can you read voltage with your scanner? What voltage is MIN throttle with either tps. Could your mopar tips have a larger MIN throttle, A battery disco should reset this after tips replacement.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Welcome to ROF!

Interesting you are getting a P068, I've had that problem ever since I installed a RIPP supercharger. New tune, new MAF, larger injectors was part of the kit. I think I replaced the TPS and still got the code set. I might have to revisit this.
We used to generate this code whenever you tried to clear a flooded engine. Flooring the gas and cranking in cold weather is something the pcm did not like. You have a pcm tune and not a piggyback controller? If so this is something your tuner will have to deal with. I am sure that the original pcm software is getting confused with the boost.

·
Administrator
10,781 Posts
I got two or three different tunes from the guy that RIPP uses, I might have one or two others I can try. The 05/06 PCM can be custom tuned, the 04 has to have a piggyback module from what I recall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts