Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
looks good man..... How does that cage tie in near the dash?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On each side it has three bolts through the firewall beside the dash. The metal there is a triple thickness pinch weld, so it is almost as strong as a floor mount without needing to cut the dash or have a tube in the way of your feet.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Man that looks sharp!! Have ya rolled it yet? :splat: Well lets hope not but if ya do let us know how it held up :)

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
looks great...
sure would have been nice if DC had made an effort and put these in a Rubi.
:roll:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does the top of the windshield still tie in to the front of the bar? Sure looks nice!

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
scoutermike said:
Does the top of the windshield still tie in to the front of the bar? Sure looks nice!

Mike
No, it does not. But it would be a simple mod to fab an L shaped bracket, bolt it through the bar and then bolt it to the windshield inserts. It's a mod I've considered for my cage.

Jerry

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Troy's feeling is that the windshield does not require the roll cage support, and at this point I agree with him.
At highway speed there is no sign of additional vibration or anything in the windshield. I'll see how it goes over washboard.

Troy also said that if you do a winshield mount you have to make sure it is very secure or it will tend to rub and squeak as the cage is now stifer than the rest of the body.

G

·
0 Posts
How do you deal with all the plastic that is around the stock bar/windshield area when installing the roll cage?

Any pics of this area?

·
Registered
454 Posts
There hasn't been a sunny day yet? We wanna see pics with the windshield down!!! 8) :evil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts