Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope it is okay to post this here. If not, mods please move.

I wanted to give props to a vendor that took great care of me.

We always here the bad stories but not as many good ones.

I originally purchased my rear cv shaft back in 2011 when my Jeep was being built.

Recently I had a run in with rock ledge that led to a sheared rear pinion shaft and both u-joints snapping in the front cv.

I sent the shaft back to Tom Woods and told them to look it over.

They called me and said the cv ball had some wear and obviously the joints took a major shock load.

Although the only thing I expected to be covered were the u-joints, they put in a new cv ball, stronger spicer joints, balanced and painted it and shipped it back to me with new hardware.

All at no cost!

Stand up company and customer for life here.

I am no way affiliated with the company or paid endorser just a very satisfied consumer.

Thank you Tom Woods drive shafts.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I have Toms front and rear DS's, and although they have proved trouble free so far, it's good to know that the possibility exists that they'll work with me in the future.

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
TW is my go-to shop for driveshafts. I ordered a rear CV shaft from the son of the owner a few years ago and they built it with a wrong U joint. They offered to make it right but the easiest solution was to use a Spicer cross-over U joint (there's an "X" in the part number.)

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
When I put the 6.0 liter and 6L90 in Stinger I had to change the length of both shafts. Tom's shop was less than 75 miles from home so I took both shafts to him. They were ready in a day or so for a ridiculously low charge. That is why I will be a life long customer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My Jeep has Tom Woods driveshaft, a little play in the carrier bearing, I decided to order a complete new one and make my old one a “rescue part”, will be here Tomorow.

One of these days I will start wheelin in the Woods, the pinstripes only hurt once.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Yup, A TW supporter here too. I've had his shafts spinning under my rig for about, hmm ...13 years now.
Still tight as ever, and I've wheeled this thing over a lot of trails...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts