Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 4" lift on my rubi and was wondering if anyone with tj experience would know if 35s will fit using the stock wheels? im probably gonna add spacers just for extra clearence,not gonna use for hardcore wheelin, just local stuff and a trip or two to tellico every year, thanx for the input

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If you are you going to use wheel spacers then you should be able to put 35's on the JP.....

You will also need a 2" BL

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, not real keen on using wheel spacers, never seen good success with em, tires tend to fall off, i was thinking more of using spring spacers myself

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You can probably use stock wheels but I am not sure how you turning radius would be...You would see alot of rubbing on the control arms and such. I would think seeing as it is going to be a city JP that you would want all the radius you can get.......And yes you can use spring spacers instead of a body lift.. You will just need about another inch or two of clearance for when you are on the trails.

Any body else have experience with stock Rubi wheels and 35's?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just curious, but if you only wheel a few times a year and none of it is going ot be very extreme, then why run 35's?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't have 35s but I do have 33's that are huge. 12.6" wide. I have a RE 3.5 superflex lift, (which gave me 5" of lift) and these 33s height wise measure 32.6 tall . To get a 35s in, height wise I would say another 1 BB would be needed for me to stuff a 35 correctly. I am using the stock ruby rim, and if you go to the procomp site and take a look at the xterrains I am running (the 305/75/16) you can see it is one of the widest tires I have seen labeled as a "12.5". MTR, Swampers, BFGs ect would call this a 13.5 tire I am sure. The good news on the ruby rim is a few washers on the bump stop will cure the full turn rub and it's not really taking much off turn radius. I have about 1.5" of space between the spring perch and sidewall in the rear, that is the closest point. Sorry no digial cam for pic.s BTW, I do plan to add a 1" BB, and I wanted a nice wide tire. I ran the lift with the stock MTRs for about a month and man there is a huge difference in ride stability with the new wider procomps. They sidewalls are not as stiff (yes = not as tough), but this a daily driver for me and the ride is much improved over the MTRs. I am very happy with the procomp xterrains

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why 35s

well just got the tires, actually 315/70/16s, so not really 35/12.50s, wide but not that wide or tall,yes my jp is a daily driver, but my 96 ram diesel(stock) sits about 3" taller,and the jeep has 4" lift, i just dont wont to sit with the lowriders!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ps

if you dont think tellico is extreme come on down, be glad to meet ya there!! this nvite goes to anyone thats ready to ride!!!dc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All you need to do to clear 35's is add a 1.5" spacer lift or body lift.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you could fit 35's with the 3.5 and 1 inch body lift, but you would need 1 inch coil spacers or they would rub badly.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3.5 RE lift and a 2 inch spacer lift will work good. Do you already have the body lift on? If you don't already have the 3.5" lift purchased then I would recommend going with the 4.5" lift and the 1" spacers. The spacers don't add any extra flex so going with a larger spring and a smaller spacer would be best for more flex.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That setup will give you plenty of clearence. You might need a longer pitman arm than what comes with the 3.5" kit and 2 inch longer shocks than what would usually be needed for the 3.5" kit.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could you tell me if and how did you bypass the stock skid? RE has a skid on their 4'' lift correct? Did you use that and if so how much more clearence did you gain?

Thanks

BAAM

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only the RE long arm kits come with skidplates. You gain about an inch of clearence compared the stock skid(auto trans.). All you have to do is inbolt the stock skid and install the RE skid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts