Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get some new wheels/tires for my new JKU Sport with girly man tires. The original plan was to buy a set of Rubicon take offs, but it may be a month or longer to get a set. So I may go ahead abuy a set of aftermarket wheels and tires sooner. So my question is.......

Should a person buy 17" wheels over 16"? I personally like the looks of 16s and I think they may have more sidewall flex in the smaller sizes I am interested in. However, the trend certainly seems to be towards bigger wheels so I wonder if choices will be more limited in 16" tires in the future?

I am leaning towards Duratracs if going aftermarket and they are available in the sizes I want in both 16" and 17".

Any thoughts/opinions?

·
Administrator
10,684 Posts
There's a much better selection of 17" tires available. Unless you can air down to 6 or 8 psi, I don't think sidewall flex plays much of a role in wheeling ability. My Nittos need to be at <=8 psi (load range D) for them to work well.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Will 16's clear the brake calipers on a JKU?

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Will 16's clear the brake calipers on a JKU?
Yep, the Sports come with 16s.

Nice upgrade with the wheels. Agreed, best $$$ spent. I traded my old Rubi wheels and tires for a glock and 500 rounds of ammo a few years back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That looks GREAT - wow what a difference!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts