Rubicon Owners Forum banner

Tire Brands You Like 2023

4665 Views 30 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  turtlle
I searched through 25 pages of tire brand info. Most posts were pre 2010.

In 2023, what tire brands do you like? I can no longer get my Goodyear MTR’s.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
It's been a tough year for tires which goodyears, the MTRs?. Seems like I see Mickey Thompsons allot, but that may be product positioning.

It's on my mind as well. I have the Toyos on the truck and they have been great, heck they were on the JKU as well for quite some time. Thinking some of my tires will dry rot before they get worn out. Heck I have some Nittos as well that I picked up for the LJ before it got the 60s. They were on a cheap close out pre pandemic, can't touch the wheels for what I paid for wheels and tires now.

Size and use case, I forgot.

It may come down to what you can get when you need them.
Reactions: 2
I put a set of BFGoodrich KO3s on the scrambler a couple years ago and have been very happy with them for a mostly on-road, occasional off-road rig.

I like the Mickey Thompsons as well, but have no personal experience, just through reputation.
Nitto!
I run BFG ATs for onroad and MTs for offroad.
I’ve owned a lot of BFG AT’s, Procomp MT’s, and Goodyear MTR’s. They were all good in different ways. I’m tending toward Nitto Trail Grapplers or BFG’s. I really want a trail type tire. The price of the BFG MT’s will push me to Nitto.
Reactions: 1
Nitto Ridge Grapplers. You won’t believe how much more quiet and better riding they are over MTRz.
  • Helpful
Nitto Trail Grapplers are okay on the road and great on the trail, that was the last tire I had on my old LJ - finally had one that worked well for me. The MTRs I ran would get easily packed up with soft sand so they turned into slicks. I had to get strapped up a mild ledge on one trail thanks to my MTR 'slicks' - that was very embarrassing :sneaky:.
  • Wow
Next tires I buy will be Ironman all country MT's. Ran them in 35 12.50 20 on a 07 F150. Lasted good and had good traction.
I'm running Vittorias on my ride.
I'm currently running BFG M/T's and LOVE them. I also like Nitto Trail Grapplers a lot but can't find them anywhere.
  • Wow
Another one to research is Cooper STT Pro.
Reactions: 4
I'm currently running BFG M/T's and LOVE them. I also like Nitto Trail Grapplers a lot but can't find them anywhere.
Is Nitto still in business?
My America’s Tire says they’re available in 1-5 business days.
  • Helpful
I have used MTR's on the LJ since I bought it in '05. Always good. On my '17 JKUR I use the Falkien Wildpeaks and just love them. The BFG AT tires have very easy to cut sidewalls so if you do rocks stay away from them.
  • Helpful
I actually have more than one experience cutting BFG AT sidewalls.
  • Haha
I got Yokohama MTs for the Rubi for a great price awhile back when BFG MTs were on backorder, and they are great on the rd (for a MT) and in the GA clay. Can't comment on how they are on rocks.

Have also had GY MTRs, BFG MTs on it.

Currently have BFG MT KM2s on the YJ, no complaints.
Reactions: 3
Nitto mud Grapplers on the TJ since 2005, balance and ware well. Cooper ATs on the 4 runner are also a great tire
Wow , the MGs are $100 more a piece than the last time I bought some. just looked because ill need some after I get an engine, Ouch
Reactions: 4
My 2021 4-door came with Falken LT285/70R17 116/113Q. I never heard of them, but they were beefy, and I said "okay." I just rolled over 75K miles on them, and they still have meat. I'm surprised. I've decided that when I replace them, I'm going with the exact same tires.
As of two days ago, the Nitto Trail Grapplers I want are on back order.
  • Sad
1 - 20 of 31 Posts