Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard or seen of an aftermarket third seatbelt for the back seat? My brother just bought a 97 Sport and has a whole bunch of kids!

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

John

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
my kids have always been Jeep kids...
that back seat is small. dont know how more then (2) kids would fit.

it gets worse when they are teens.... its a territory issue then
:roll:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used a belt out of the middle seat of a Chrysler minivan and bolted it to the current bracket.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have kids and it just my opion but: would you trust a third seat belt that you put in that was not designed for the jeep? Remember this is suppossed to save lives......Your kids lives!!!!!! If ya must ya must but plz just be carefull.... You can always have more kids but do ya want to loose the ones ya got?????? Sorry for the rant but I haved worked in many hospitals for a long time and have seen what bad decisions can do to the inocent.... Sorry for the spelling!!

Chaz

·
Registered
147 Posts
I too have been looking for a 3rd belt. Only thing I can think of right now is when I order the 4-3" wide lap belts I'll just order a 5th one. Oh yeah Mac, ya can fir 3 in the back. LOL I had my wife and 2 kids in car seats in the back of this can. Was tight but I don'tthink she would of liked a 60 mile road trip oput of it. I do know they make a 3rd belt in the back for the explorers ( my sister ordered and extra seat for the back) and it was designed for it. I'll keep looking for the 3rd for the JP and I'll post it when I can find something.

Mo

G

·
0 Posts
I used a seatbelt from JC Whitney and used 800# snap links to attach it to
the seat frame .

Leo's inspected and said no problem .

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts