Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK--I decided on the O.M.E. 2" lift for the Rubi. My question is--I want just the 2" suspention. Do I need a transfer lowering kit? I would like to stay a way from the BL and MM. Thinking about adding trim spacers in each corner due to winch and rear tire carrier and do you recommend the adjustable track bars? I am looking for the basic set up with the O.M.E. lift for the weekend jeep club worrier thing. Nothing extreme---I know, at least I'm not lowering it :roll: and will stick with the 31" tires. Be easy on this old timer--it was my birthday today and I am trying to get over the fact that---I'M 50--- :new-bday: almost forgot-5 speed, no air.Forgot to put that in my sign.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
If you had a regular TJ... I would say that you could get away with it. But I am not sure about the Rubicon. I havn't done anything yet to mine so I really have no experience with it. I am betting that you will be alright, but with the fixed yoke I am not sure. At the least you will have some vibes.

Justin

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
With 2" you should have no problems. I have heard of guys with up to 3.5 using the stock driveshaft. You may have to do some pinion angle work but I would have to say that is will not cause any problems.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LILRDJP,
Or any body please explain to me what all is involved with getting the pinion angle--in laymans terms :roll:-- after the lift is installed. Remember, it's only a 2 or 2 1/2 lift were talking here :?:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Black........... You should not have to do anything to your pinon. With only 2" you should not feel any vibes.

I will find a write up for you on adjusting pinion angles in case you decide to go bigger in the future...

Short story......... Lengthen rear upper control arms causing axel to rotate and bring the pinion up to match the T-case.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
BlackBeauty said:
OK--I decided on the O.M.E. 2" lift for the Rubi. My question is--I want just the 2" suspention. Do I need a transfer lowering kit? I would like to stay a way from the BL and MM. Thinking about adding trim spacers in each corner due to winch and rear tire carrier and do you recommend the adjustable track bars? I am looking for the basic set up with the O.M.E. lift for the weekend jeep club worrier thing. Nothing extreme---I know, at least I'm not lowering it :roll: and will stick with the 31" tires. Be easy on this old timer--it was my birthday today and I am trying to get over the fact that---I'M 50--- :new-bday: almost forgot-5 speed, no air.Forgot to put that in my sign.
welcome to the 5 purfect 10`s club...
old timer... HA! im past that slightly and many younger guys cant compete with me for energy and looks....

mac :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol: Five perfect 10's club----I LIKE THAT :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts