Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
I have had the AE Rock Rings installed for several months and was told they would work fine by an AE rep. Although the D44 model installed fine on both front and rear, I have the following problems and am switching to Crane Covers (painted and waiting install) as soon as I get some time.

Problems:
Rront: Rubs on the tie road as the axle flexs upwards.
Rear: Hits my Kilby Gas Tank Skid as the axle flexs upwards.

G

·
0 Posts
I have the Warn D44 skids and haven't had them hit yet, I will take a good look after wheelin on Saturday to make certain. They stick out further than the rock rings, so I have concerns. I didn't hit when I had it on the ramp fully flexed, but that isn't a good representation of real world flexing.

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Mike Holmes said:
i want those warn skids, who sells them? i can't find a place that does.
Adventure4wd.com has them. I ordered a pair last week. $65 each including shipping.

Dirk at dpgoffroad.com could get them also, but he does not have them in stock.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I would be interested if the Warn ones rub....If they don't that would be alot easer then building my own covers out of 1/4" steel....

G

·
0 Posts
Weekend wheelin report on the Warn D44 diff guards. I didn't manage to hit once. I was a little concerned around the gas tank, but no marks on either the tank or the skid so I would say good for clearance all around. I can report that everything is very hot underneath, after running for 11 hours, I have the marks to prove it at the moment. The front guard is scuffed up and somehow I even managed to hit my steering box skid, I am pretty certain that it was the fallen tree that did that. Nice knowing I have protection up there.

Ron

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PBR Stitch said:
Weekend wheelin report on the Warn D44 diff guards. I didn't manage to hit once. I was a little concerned around the gas tank, but no marks on either the tank or the skid so I would say good for clearance all around. I can report that everything is very hot underneath, after running for 11 hours, I have the marks to prove it at the moment. The front guard is scuffed up and somehow I even managed to hit my steering box skid, I am pretty certain that it was the fallen tree that did that. Nice knowing I have protection up there.

Ron
Which guards do you have?

·
Registered
467 Posts
i think i am going to get those WARN guards since you had no problems. i think the Avalanche Eng. guard wouldn't hit if my RUBICON was lifted more than 2" but thats not happening for awhile.

G

·
0 Posts
I still can't really figure out why the Avalanche (poison spyder) are hitting. They sit closer to the diff cover than the Warn's. My friend has the Rock rings on his with a 2 inch lift. They of course don't hit in the rear because he has a kilby's skid, and they don't hit in the front. I can see how the front would hit the steering, but I would figure that the rear wouldn't hit. Another mystery. Then again things seem to fit my Rubi, but not others.

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
[quote=" Then again things seem to fit my Rubi, but not others.

Ron[/quote]

Ah yes..........seems every JP is like a woman......Each one has it's own personality.............However I never hear mine bitching at me.. :)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Rock Ring

I did have to grind my poison spyder rock ring down a little to keep it from rubbing on the tie road the diff leaks but other than that it works fine

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
PSC has since changed the rock rings for the D44 axle, the ring is now a little bit thinner. I have the old thicker ring on the front diff. and a 1.75" budget boost and no contact with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
LILRDJP

LILRDJP said:
I would be interested if the Warn ones rub....If they don't that would be alot easer then building my own covers out of 1/4" steel....
I'm pretty sure all the Heep shop here in TO carry them, try Jamie at National 4WD or Jace? at Just Jeeps
tih

1 - 19 of 19 Posts