Rubicon Owners Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I think it depends on where you live as to how friendly people will be.

In my area people rarely wave, and since I don't drive much I don't see Jeeps often. Waves are so rare I've gotten where I do not wave. I got more waves when I was in Clearwater, Florida than in this place!

·
Administrator
15,086 Posts
500 + mi on the Gladiator ...
I've noticed a lot more "Jeep Waves" than i ever saw in the 2 JK`s i had
ohh,,
i've only seen 1 other JT on the road here in Vegas area

:wink2:

·
904 Posts
I find that some TJs and most older jeeps still wave bit JKs and JLs hardly ever wave. The JKs i do see wave are typically ones that are set up for actually wheeling. I also found in Colorado less ppl wave than other places. In the city I live in the 4dr JK seemed to be when the wave really fell off because the bulk of people driving them were getting it for a family vehicle and not for wheeling. I'll admit I've found I wave less these days than I did before the JK was released.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
^^This right here, and it works the other way around too, when driving around town I was hardly waved back when my JKU was stock, seems like everyone got used to JKU being driven by soccer parents. Now that my Rubi has been lifted my "wave ratio" has gone up; mostly, as you said, by other modified Jeeps.

·
1,320 Posts
Lots of waves last week in the Sequoias.

If those waves could talk...
Where have you been?
Where are you going?
Sorry you’re going away from the trail.
Turn around and back me up.
Where are you camping?

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
This will help with those not waving.

ThoushallwavetootherJeepssign (002).jpg

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,886 Posts
I think it depends where. In the Detroit area I would get more than 50% wave back. In Houston about 1 in 20.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I will say this I've only had one Jeeper not respect me on my bike. It lives on my bike route as well. Lately, it has been behaving, so I suspect it has figured out I live in the area.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts