Rubicon Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Where I live now in Hampton VA 1 out of 10 , but when i lived down in Chesapeake it's like 75% (there like 15 miles apart) :?

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
06Black_rubi said:
Where I live now in Hampton VA 1 out of 10 , but when i lived down in Chesapeake it's like 75% (there like 15 miles apart) :?
That's because Chesapeake is Down South and Hampton is Up North, right?
Southern hospitality - Hampton must be north of the Mason Dixon Line. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
I always wave. For several years I've preached to new owners to drive their Jeeps stock for awhile before starting mods. This way they don't make as many expensive mistakes on unnecessary mods. I don't want to ignore serious Jeepers just because they haven't added the mods I happen to like. And being a Jeeper is a way of thinking and acting, whether in a stock Jeep or a modified rock crawler. Don't ignore a true Jeeper because his Jeep isn't like yours. :beerchug:

·
Registered
528 Posts
3rivers said:
06Black_rubi said:
That's because Chesapeake is Down South and Hampton is Up North, right?
Southern hospitality - Hampton must be north of the Mason Dixon Line. :D

LOL. Hampton had might as well be Northern Virginia.

I get at least 75% of my waves back and I am in Virginia Beach. The people who don't return them usually don't even notice my wave, so I doubt they even know about it. On Monday, I got a really strange look at an intersection by a guy who was obviously trying to figure out how he knew me. Why else would I be waving at him???

Hi-Lift said:
And being a Jeeper is a way of thinking and acting, whether in a stock Jeep or a modified rock crawler. Don't ignore a true Jeeper because his Jeep isn't like yours. :beerchug:
Perfectly said. The way I see, wave at all Jeeps. Eventually the people who don't know will figure it out, and then the tradition lives on.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I wave at all Wranglers, some other models but all Wranglers. I figure either they will catch on or they will just think I am a hick from Colorado that waves to everyone.

Out of the 6 Jeeps here in my immediate apartment complex, mine and one other are set up to wheel, but mine is the only one that I ever see "dirty" like it gets out. I think most people out here buy them so they can take the top off more so than for actual Jeeping.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
In mA, I get the wave 95% of the time. Sometimes I have the cell in my hand, but still wave. This morning was a two waver for me, a tj and JK.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm in Virginia Beach, VA and I'd say about 90%, but my area is a heavy Jeeper area. I grew up in the country out in the midwest and back there driving down the gravel roads EVERYBODY waved at everybody...but you usually knew who it was in a town of 900! Jeep wave is always better in the summer too with the top, down doors off and the wind blowin!

Will

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah, It's not dead just the wannbee's don't get it.
How can people not get it? if you wave at them in the same brand of 4X4.
The only brand of 4X4. A Jeep! Some times in my wifes XJ I want to wave at the
CJ,YJ,TJ, JK people. LOL

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
BlueRubiconRich said:
Yeah, It's not dead just the wannbee's don't get it.
How can people not get it? if you wave at them in the same brand of 4X4.
The only brand of 4X4. A Jeep! Some times in my wifes XJ I want to wave at the
CJ,YJ,TJ, JK people. LOL

Hey I wave to folks even when I am in my Liberty!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I do the wave, and more often than not I get one back. Even when I wave in my Broncos I usually get a wave back (I did have a highschool punk with a 3" bodylift laugh at me for waving from a 79 Bronco though, lol). JK owners seem to be the most flaky on waving back. Oddly enough, YJ people tend to ignore waves as well...

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I can't drive three blocks around here without seeing a couple of Jeeps. I never bother to wave. Nobody ever waves at me. If we all waved at each other, nobody would drive more than a couple blocks without waving at people they don't know. Statistically speaking, at least 55% of all people you don't know are azz holes. Why wave at them?

- DAA

Reactions: Mouse

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
DAA said:
Statistically speaking, at least 55% of all people you don't know are azz holes.
Why wave at them?
- DAA
Good point, the numbers don't lie.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Ha i saw this thread and just had to chime in; I was thinking the same thing the other day. I live in Philadelphia. There is only one person that waves; EVER!! Its a younger guy in Manayunk, whom I pass like clock work everyday, that drives a red 2 door JK Rubicon lifted on 35's. I grew up in NJ and everyone USED to wave 3-4 years ago. Its dead there now too. And like everyone one else stated; only modified rigs wave to each other every now and then. The kicker is that there are several kids at my school (Drexel) that have mildly (33's) modified TJ's and they don't even wave. Its down right sad

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wave at every Jeep I see! I even get some none Wranglers and CJ's to wave! They do look a lil' confused though. I used to chase down anybody that didn't wave but that ended when a woman called the police and put a restraining order on me. I guess your not aloud to follow someone you don't know into there house! OOPS!

·
3,491 Posts
I've recently started driving the scrambler almost daily. Based on constant waves when we drive the JKU, I thought the old CJ would get a ton. With more than a week of driving, I haven't got a single wave. I thought for sure a YJ that I approached yesterday would be the first, but even he snubbed me. I am getting the impression that few people recognize the scrambler as a jeep

·
Administrator
10,917 Posts
On our ranch road pickup trucks usually make a howdy gesture to each other, we share an affinity for living or working in ranch country.

Reactions: mac

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
It is hit or miss here in rural Florida. I find myself getting a bit selective now and just waving to pre-JK jeeps.

In John’s case it may not be waving as much as other drivers shooing him back in his own lane.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I give it a 50/50 chance where I reside.
A friend sold his Harley and bought a Jeep. His wife was excited to start a new life adventure. On their first drive, other jeepers were waving at them. My friend explained it was just like when they rode the bike. Her enthusiasm wained saying "You mean I still have to wave at people, can we take my car next time?".

41 - 60 of 75 Posts