Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
10,115 Posts
Around here I get about 50/50 with the tj's and older, about 10/90 with the JK Owners. Sad. One guy in our club said he wouldn't wave at me because I had a JK. Guess who proceeded to get pulled out by the JK.... :rotflmao:

Ron

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would say 50/50, but I myself sometimes have a delayed wave when you see a Jeep at the last minute. Thus I would like to think some actually wave and I just don't see it.

Paul

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
hehehe... payback's a B!

Yeah, I wave when in my other vehicle as well.. that's funny.. Thought it was just me.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Oddly enough, I'm seeing more and more JK drivers waving back. Maybe they got the memo. Maybe I guilted them into it. Got my girls in on the game too.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
The wave is alive and well here in KY and I am not a native. They do need to be modified to warrant a return wave. I think I was most flattered when a stretched TJ waved at me when I was in my "expedition modded" S-10 before I landed the Rubi. I think the HI-LIFT jack may have caused the undeserved wave. It was cool to me to be recognized by a respectably built Jeep!

I worked my butt off on that rig! It has seen much wheeling and was at Moab last year. That seemingly insignificant wave changed me forever. Now I wheel both! :laugh:

I'd be afraid to acknowledge a wave from someone in a S-10. It might be some sort of an "alternative lifestyle" signal.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Most of the Jeepers I see on my way too and from work have a coffee in one hand and a cell phone in the other while driving, figure waving to them will just cause an accident so I usually don't bother. Unless I am in a spitful mood then I wave like crazy and watch them spill the coffee and almost take the ditch.

Of course I was confronted once and told to never wave again or else, only people who know him are allowed to wave at him if anyone else does it means they want a date and he found that offensive.
After this along with several jeep owners giving me the finger means I only wave at Jeep club members, and everyone else can go drive a Yari

John

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is the wave still part of the owners manual? Maybe all the JK owners are just now reading their manual??????

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thats what I was about say, when I bought my Lj Rubicon.
In the pamphlet it shows the proper way and the traditon of the jeep way...
In Long Beach (Ca.) most of the old timers wave, the younger punks they
don't know there a** from a hole in the ground.
It don't matter to me, I still wave and keep the tradition alive... :D

One day they'll understand! :rock:

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,886 Posts
I get back a good percentage except from 4 doors. Seems a lot of 4 door owners are not the traditional wrangler owner.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Punk kids don't wave but they've got the stickers to prove they don't know what a Jeep wave is all about. :lildevil:

The best return wave I ever got was from a woman in her....50's?.....in a JK rubi. She was so excited that a rubi on 35's was waving that she ran a stop sign to wave back.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Rubik0nkidd45 said:
In Long Beach (Ca.) most of the old timers wave, the younger punks they
don't know there a** from a hole in the ground.
It don't matter to me, I still wave and keep the tradition alive... :D

One day they'll understand! :rock:
X2

I used to get a lot more waves when I lived in Long Beach. Now I live in Riverside, CA and get 1/10 waves. I attributed that to the location but maybe is just different times. I had a 94 YJ in Long Beach. I have an 03 Rubi now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Learn something new every day!

I thought you meant 'farting' at first... but I'm sure many of the farders are farters too, hence, no wave!
HaHa...that **** is too funny. My vernacular had suffered until now as well.

Of course I was confronted once and told to never wave again or else, only people who know him are allowed to wave at him if anyone else does it means they want a date and he found that offensive.
After this along with several jeep owners giving me the finger means I only wave at Jeep club members, and everyone else can go drive a Yari
This goes on in Birmingham as well. Also the punk ass kid generation seems to have taken over. Can't wave at anyone anymore.

I reserve it for modded jeeps as others have stated.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I wave when I see any jeep. I have missed a few cause I didn't see em until to late but I do try. I get some waves back, but mostly not. I just put it down to they didn't see me in time. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
i found that i get a lot more waves in the rubi with 5.5RE lift and 35's than the 03' x model with 33's. People notice the jeep more with the larger lift and tires and i get a lot more waves.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I always wave and get a wave back about 90% of the time. it is funny when your riding in another vehicle and a Jeep goes by, I sure want to wave! lol :laugh:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Around here it goes in spells but alot of times I even wave if I am driving the car force of habbit and alot of times I even wave at night and the wife says what are ya doin its dark they can't see you but again force of habbit and there may be a chance they do see me. I am not gonna be "THAT GUY" that did not wave. :D

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Modded rigs wave back and forth here, especially in the mountains. But like it was said above, the commuter types, and younger punk-types don't wave and I suspect don't even realize the heep has 4wd or how to engage it. :rotflmao:

21 - 40 of 75 Posts