Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to my local Jeep place and was looking at the new 2-door jk's, I really like the yellow jeeps so thats what I wanted. I was looking and a salesman came out and I was talking to him asking him questions about it, and he dint know anything about it :roll: Then I told him I wanted a yellow rubi.... He told me they dint come in yellow only black red and white. :bs:

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
There is a yellow 2 door Rubi at my local dealer, sitting right out in front.
Let me guess, they had a red, black, and white one sitting right there...
I'd run away from that guy...
:D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was asking him about the lockers and axels, and the new sway bar dissconnect and he said he dint have a clue what I was talking about. The worse part is he has a rubi. They had a black 4-door and that was the only one he had on the lot.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not surprising. In 2000 I went to a Dodge dealer to price up a Ram Sport Quad Cab w/ the Off-Road Package. The guy said Dodge doesn't offer an Off-Road pkg, so I gave him the order codes. Why dealers (and "sales persons") still exist is beyond me....maybe soon they won't. Let me place the order w/ the mfg. on-line and then I'll pick it up at a Service facility. done.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a great idea, they should half way train their "sales" people a little bit so when people ask questions they will have a idea of what people are talking about.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Most salesman I have dealt with in the Monroe/Charlotte area are fairly knowledgeable. Our resident SAAB salesman is a flippin' genius on SAABs. My buddy who sold Jeeps for a couple of years even showed me a better (and much easier) way to get my hard top back on. Guess it depends on where you are.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The larger the dealership, the smaller the IQ's.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My buddy who sold Jeeps for a couple of years even showed me a better (and much easier) way to get my hard top back on.

Planning on sharing this secret with us :)

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
There is a fully loaded, absolutely beautiful, yellow 09 Rubi in front of the dealer near me. NOW is the time to buy. I kid you not. There was a person that wheeled with us this past weekend that just purchased a brand new 09 - 0% interest AND he got it for $23k. Yep, brand new 09 4dr JK Rubi. I heard that this same dealership ran an ad last Sunday for a non- Rubi model at $18k

·
Registered
295 Posts
mikel said:
There is a fully loaded, absolutely beautiful, yellow 09 Rubi in front of the dealer near me. NOW is the time to buy. I kid you not. There was a person that wheeled with us this past weekend that just purchased a brand new 09 - 0% interest AND he got it for $23k. Yep, brand new 09 4dr JK Rubi. I heard that this same dealership ran an ad last Sunday for a non- Rubi model at $18k

How can a dealership afford to sell a $35k Jeep for so much less?

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
dp7197 said:
mikel said:

How can a dealership afford to sell a $35k Jeep for so much less?
the same way my wife got here $31K 08 Grand Cherokee for $21K. There just trying to move the inventory.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
mudaddy said:
They also are doing the employee pricing on the wranglers for a short amount of time
You can do better then employee pricing... it's just another game they play to make you think you got a good deal. That Rubi for 23 is better then employee pricing, and 18 for a 4 door is too.

·
Registered
756 Posts
nukegm426 said:
the problem is the salesmen go from dealership to dealership. one month their selling fords, the next chevy's then maybe jeeps then god knows what. they follow the money for the most part. you will find some that do good a one dealer and will stay long enough to learn a thing or two but their rare. i always talk to the fleet salesmen, they ususally get there comission on number of sales, not sales price. they seems to stick around more and have a small clue what's going on. when i bought my rubi, asked the salesman about taking the top off and he actually knew what i was talking about and helped me. he showed me part of it wrong but that's what he was shown by the regional rep who trained a few people on it lol i straightened him out.

You are 100% right! I have been selling for 6 years and my employee # is 262. I think they are well of 850 now! If you are in the market for a ruby they ae becoming scarce again. Jeep JK sales were up 28% month or last year, everything else is down 40-60%. I think we sold out of 4dr rubicons and have a few 2drs, In AZ there is a limited ammount left.

Jason

Jason

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
There is a yellow Rubicon 2 door up at Ventura Jeep that stickers foe $31000.00 and have it marked down
to $20999.00 If iwas not enjoying a paid off 03 Rubicon I would probably buy it.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,002 Posts
Yes, now is the time to buy, the only issue is will Jeep be around for warranty work?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think the problem with at least some of the salepeople is that they are at multi-line dealers. There used to be Jeep dealers and Chrysler dealers and Dodge dealers and Plymouth dealers. Then Plymouth was rolled into Chrysler dealerships and more recently done away with. When the Plymouth line went away, Mopar gave Jeep to Chrysler dealers. Dodge dealers din't like that so they made all of the dealers able to sell all of the lines. You can't actually expect a Dodge guy or a Chrysler guy to understand the Jeep thing. Remember, "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand"? It is expescially true in the dealerships. I took a test drive with a Chrysler guy once. He definitely did not get why I would want a Jeep and not a Durango. If you can find a Jeep guy, stick with him. It is even more important in service departments.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,002 Posts
Where I go they are pretty good, but they are a Jeep-Mazda dealership. Pretty strange combo but have been that way since the 70s.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts