Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - New member here ... looking forward to seeing what this forum is all about. Placing order this week for a new Rubicon ...

Curious if anyone has thoughts - good or bad - on the 2 Safety Package options and the LED Light Package...

Worth it? Not Worth it?

Thanks in advance...

·
2,111 Posts
Welcome to ROF!

I have a 2004 TJ. Could you describe the packages? I like LED lights, but I don’t know how they are effecting the price.

Safety packages - are they something to malfunction down the road and give you an annoying dash light? For instance low tire pressure sensors. I hate those.

Me many times this last few years - “It has what on it? Just another thing to break and need repair.”

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good morning and thank you! I will see if I can attach a screenshot of the 2 safety packages being offered …

All seems be tire around cruise control, parking assist and front crash warnings etc

I supposed things could break over time with any of these sensors and electronics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Although I don’t have either of these options on my 06 Jeep, I do have them on my Explorer and my wife’s Subaru.
The cross traffic and back up system is a very nice feature and personally I would have that on any future vehicle. LED lights are always a good idea.
For me, the adaptive cruise control is a PIA.
I keep the auto high beam turned off as well.
My 2 cents. New Jeep!! Congratulations.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I ordered a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and received it on April 21st. I spent several months researching and reading different forums for info. I didn't order the adaptive cruise control or the safety group package. I had read of glitches in both systems and really had no use for them since the Gladiator would be replacing my daily driver 1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited and I felt no need for them. I did get the LED lighting, as I was forced to take that package when ordering the optional steel front bumper. The LED lighting is well worth it, great visibility at night.

·
3,779 Posts
I have both options on my Gladiator. I just returned from a 2,000 mile drive and these options made driving 17 hours in rain much safer. The adaptive cruise is one of my favorites as it makes interstate driving more pleasant, it keeps a perfect distance behind the vehicle in front of you as speeds change. I am glad my gladiator has these features. If I didn't use it on the highway and as a travel vehicle, I might not have needed them

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,552 Posts
I have both options on my Gladiator. I just returned from a 2,000 mile drive and these options made driving 17 hours in rain much safer. The adaptive cruise is one of my favorites as it makes interstate driving more pleasant, it keeps a perfect distance behind the vehicle in front of you as speeds change. I am glad my gladiator has these features. If I didn't use it on the highway and as a travel vehicle, I might not have needed them
We have a Lariat edition 2021 Ford Ranger and it has ACC. I agree completely with your statement. ACC is really awesome.

@SKJeep Welcome aboard. Glad to have you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All - New member here ... looking forward to seeing what this forum is all about. Placing order this week for a new Rubicon ...

Curious if anyone has thoughts - good or bad - on the 2 Safety Package options and the LED Light Package...

Worth it? Not Worth it?

Thanks in advance...
I got a new Rubicon in 8/23/21with all the safety packages. If you’re doing any highway driving, like most of us you want them. I would recommend steel bumpers with the LEDs that I did not get. Do not get the Alpine stereo, It cost to much and takes up your storage in the back.
How long to order it?
I was told 10 to 14 weeks. It came in 3 weeks and 3 days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got a new Rubicon in 8/23/21with all the safety packages. If you’re doing any highway driving, like most of us you want them. I would recommend steel bumpers with the LEDs that I did not get. Do not get the Alpine stereo, It cost to much and takes up your storage in the back.
How long to order it?
I was told 10 to 14 weeks. It came in 3 weeks and 3 days.
Thanks for the reply … Premium sound included with 2022s so no choice there … I have been told building starts early December so I have to believe mine will arrive in early 2022

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wanted the 8.4 screen so premium sound included...I can live with the bit of space occupied by the woofer in the back but than I haven't traveled with a load yet...I ordered an aftermarket shelf that attaches to the uprights and splits the rear load so the stuff underneath should be easier to access...I did not order the safety stuff or steel bumpers...will do aftermarket for the bumpers...I like LEDs and have priced LED headlights for a fraction of the added package cost.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts