Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terrain Envy!

Some casual wheeling pics from this afternoon. I’m envious of the variety of Terrain some of you Guys have to ride on, Utah, Colorado, California, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and even Newfoundland, to name a few. The best I could do was this freakin power line. I tried not to get the discarded mattresses and washer that some local pin head tossed out. Oh well.

The pics look like someone's drive way but it is a steep up hill frame twister in a lose rocked “S” curve with no room to maneuver. The last pic shows the trail after the “S”, not many have pased this way lately. It used to be a popular trail until it washed out.

Thanks to the Eco Nazis, this what we have left in W. Pa.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
i like the pics....
we have "powerline" and "gas line"trails...
ive explored many.
may i ask what winch are you running with the TBT bumper?

thanks
mac

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a Ramsey REP-8000 from 1990, its been on a YJ, XJ, even a kj and now the TJ. I must admit I would like to go to a new 9000 of some type but the REP has worked long and hard and never failed (I’ve stalled it though!). I mounted the control solenoid under the hood to keep the rad open.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Pa_Rubicon, how did you mount your fog lights in that location on the bumper? I thought the winch plate took up all the available room. If you have some good pics of that setup, please post those too.

Thanks,
Travis

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still great shots you have there bro, regardless of your "terrian envy".

:wink:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Great pics. :D

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Pa_Rubicon said:
Terrain Envy!
... I’m envious of the variety of Terrain some of you Guys have to ride on, Utah, Colorado, California, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and even Newfoundland, to name a few. The best I could do was this freakin power line...
At least you can go wheelin up by the power lines all the good power line trails have been closed where I live in fact all the trails have been closed I have to drive an hour to the closest one :?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't get me started on Terrain Envy, at least you have rocks. :lol: Nice shots, I know how pics can be deceiving.

Ron

·
Registered
539 Posts
Im actually a bit envious of that Power Line Trail, considering my closest trails are sand dunes, or swamps. Not to mention you should see a Power line trail down here flat as far as the eye can see.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Nice....so are your firestone destinations holding up well.....I tried to get my spare and they were backorederd like 900 tires.....must be selling well eh?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts