Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Rubicon JK 4-Door
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So my stock front driveshaft was failing and I decided to replace it with the Teraflex Rzeppa High Angle drive shaft.

I removed the stock driveshaft and installed the new Teraflex replacement yoke on the front differential without any issues. When I go to put in the new teraflex drive shaft i install it on the transfer case end first. After the transfer case end is installed I am at least a 1/4 inch away from the bolts touching the diff end new yoke I put on.

What am I missing? Do I need a new yoke for the transfer case that is longer than stock or should I be lengthening the new driveshaft to get it to meet the front end yoke? Although the length of the driveshaft doesn't seem to budge.

Any input is appreciated. I watched the teraflex install video and theirs just seems to meet up without any issues.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Is your Jeep lifted? Did you measure the driveshaft before ordering the new one? Lifting the Jeep increases the distance between the transfer case and the differential. If the new driveshaft is based off of stock dimensions it could be too short. When I ordered my driveshaft from Adams they had me give them measurements to make sure I got the correct length.

·
Registered
2016 Rubicon JK 4-Door
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your new shaft has a slip joint. Just pull on the end of the shaft to extend it the 1/4” you need. It’s probably pretty tight since it’s new.
Thanks that was it. I ended up using ratchet straps on either end to get the thing to separate. It really took a lot of effort actually but at the final ratchet it just popped and that was it. It moves freely now and I had no trouble hooking it up. thanks for the help! Saved me a lot of time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts