Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you looked at how close your shocks get to your rear spring pads after you put on a lift. Some of us have mounted our shocks upside down, not the best idea, but it works. Okay I don't like the fact that I may have to do this since it will effect the compression and rebound valving in the shock. I bought a set of Teraflex shock relocators to go with my OME lift kit (which still hasn't arrived), since I was bored last weekend I decided to put these in.

http://members.cox.net/rubicon03/Buildup/Tera Shock Relocators.htm

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Those look cool............Me I just cut back the spring perches....

I will have to look into those as I still feel that I may hit the shocks and run the risk of compressing the break line.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about that when I installed them. I get an extra inch of axle droop, and I don't top the shocks out before I compress the bump stops. I believe I am going to be safe with these. I am not to worried about bottoming out as much as topping them out. I am going to keep an eye on them this weekend and see if they are affected in real world, not just jacking the tire up.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I top out the shocks with the relocators installed on the stock units. Funny thing is I only top out the driver side. I have no idea what would cause that :roll: . I have noticed that the drivers side shock was leaking before, so I suspect that I have lost a little pressure on that side. Either way my lift is on it's way so it shouldn't matter after next weekend. Yippee..

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts