Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a really good price quote for a S3T kit. I know most of you are partial to OME but would this Tera kit work on a Rubi??? If not what are the problem points?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Of course it will work. However, as with any lift kit that replaces control arms, you can expect about 5 times the amount of maintenance on your suspension.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Why would there be more maintance with a long arm kit?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Vulcan said:
Why would there be more maintance with a long arm kit?
More moving parts that need to be greased and replaced every couple of years.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Installed a Terra S3T on my Rubicon the second week I had it. Install was no different from a standard TJ. Also installed with Terra shocks front and rear. I highly reccomend this system, it rides and drives better than stock. I did add ACOS front spring spacers to the front after winch install to stay level front to rear. Drove this to Moab EJS and I am very pleased with it. :D :D

·
Registered
843 Posts
Anything

other than the spacers? Any vibes or suggestions? I've been looking at this one too, I do a lot of highway (interstates) driving but also love off road. Is this a good balance (fit) from your expierence?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was able to adjust most of the vibration out by adjusting the rear control arms. Vibe is barely there and only on accel 46-50 MPH. Will need to call Tom Woods to fix complete. I want to wait untill I have Tummy Tuck money before I measure for rear shaft. Is a one finger driver at 75MPH. Most impressive Jeep I have owned.

:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I installed the Tera 3T keeping the factory control arms. I did not install the transfer case drop or a motor mount lift and I have NO (that was an edit) vibrations. This is with the hard top and 50 lbs of additonal weight in the back.

I had to add a Tera 1" (or so) spacer to the front to level it out with an ARB bull bar and winch. The street ride is very smooth- very similar to the factory springs. I went with OME shocks and a RE frant trac arm.

The only other thing I'd watch are the front brake lines. At full flex with the wheels turned all the way, the front brake lines can get tight. I spaced the brackets (just above where the rubber line section stops) down 1" to compensate.

I think 3" is the absolute highest you can go before the rear driveshaft has angle problems. The best solution would be to get a CV driveshaft from Tom Woods (http://www.4xshaft.com). There's info just for the Rubicon right on the front page.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts