Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I reinstalled my TB spacer the other day. All I have to say is "holy crap". I filled up my tank here in town and I drove over 200 kms at 130km/hr. Then I put $5 of gas in (6.5 L into a 65 L tank) and drove home at 95 km/hr. My odometer is now near 450kms. If it gets over 480 kms that will give me a around 12 L/100kms. Converting that for our less enlightened friends to the South, that is around 20 mi/gal. Way better than it has ever gotten. The best I have gotten before was 14 L/100kms.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
So, what kind and how much money? How does it affect your low end torque? Do you get that whistling, that comes with the added length? Thanks!

ken

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a Hesco spacer off of Ebay. I don't feel any change in low end torque; I can still idle up the ramp coming out of my parking garage. I haven't heard any sort of whistling but I don't stomp on the throttle usually either. One thing I did do was trim the gasket so that the opening was perfectly the same size as the TB opening. I was able to do this because the spacer was previously installed and the gaskets were stuck to the spacer. I will try to snap a couple of pics and get a part #.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was talking with this guy one day and he did the same thing as you did whit the spacer and actuly ported the TB and fited a K&N rihgt on the TB and with the catalic converter remouve, he claims that he gets 22mi/gal. I thinck I am going to do the same. :p

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Hey
just because we have the most cofusing measurement system in the world is nothing to make fun of. It took me 8 years before I realized I could count to 21 via body parts!!!

You may have the metric system
But we have RTI RAMPS!!!

Go put that in your forklift and....ummmmmmm
dang kind of lost the rhythm on that tirade

Sorry, gonna be going now, hee hee Uhhh Well
TOODLES!!!

:lolbonk:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't forget that the US gallon is only 5/6th of a Candian gallon (Imperial).

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I should look into those, mine is about as fuel efficient as any 850 HP BB chev (unfortunately, a little shy on the power though :mad: ).

G

·
0 Posts
I have to admit, now that gas is so high, the poor fuel ecconomy does actualy take some bite out of me. Throttle Body Spacer huh????

You all are sure making it tempting... I guess, I'll wait til I do the snorkle, if I ever get around to that, as it is way way down the list too.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you do a lot of highway driving, the ARB snorkel will give you a bit of extra fuel economy. I just did a highway trip with 2 other Jeeps and the only one with the snorkel got at least 10% better mileage than mine or my buddy's. That is on the list for me too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts