Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a pair of Teaflex CB antenna mounts. When putting them on, one the self tapping bolts stripped. Anyone have a fix other then getting a nut and bolt on behind it? Did a larger self tapping work? I have a blind nut gun, but hate to drill bigger holes.

I may end up putting nuts behind anyways, since they don't tighten down enough to hold the mounts, IMO.

Bob

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I would go with the nut and bolt Idea.....Fool proof and will stay tight.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have the Ters CB antenna bracket.....I used the 3 bolts (I think it was 3) that hold the light to the tub. I drilled one hole throught the tub and used the supplied bolt & nut.....Never saw any self tapping screws in my kit. Be sure to paint/treat the metal in the hole to stop it from rusting.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tail light bolts - WARNING

The self tapping bolts were on the lights from the factory, easy to strip out.

I drilled out the left side, and got the bolts and nuts on fine. Did the right side and oops, can't get behind them.

Luckily I own a blind nut tool from harbour freight, it saved my life.
Put in 1/4-20 blind nuts, then bolted them down. It worked real well. The only complaint is that the blind nuts are alluminum.

Putting the nuts behind or the blind nuts, really make a good setup with the Teraflex CB antenna mounts, they are nice and tight now. I also put a sheet of rubber beetween the tub and the mount to help keep out the water.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts