Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered, but have any of you had trouble getting out of four low? I was on the trail the other day and I just wouldn't engage into any position after I took it out of low. It made a few grinding noises as I let the clutch out. Finally I had someone push the Jeep back and forth a few times and in went into 2-hi. I figure the teeth just weren't lined up. In Landcruisers you just rock the truck back in reverse, engage the clutch and pop it out of low. This results in grinding in the TJ, so I avoid it - but more than once I'm at a dead stop and no luck.... thanks :p

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have run into the same problem so now I come to a stop and let the clutch out a little bit while shifing the leaver. Seems to work well without any grinding noises....

G

·
0 Posts
I've had that same problem and most of the time it was associated with the gears not matching up inside,so rocking the jeep would have worked. The other problem I had was before and after I installed the body lift I would notice that the shifter would bind up and not allow me to shift without really putting some force into it. I fixed the binding by installing the skyjacker bracket. Now shifting out of 4low, I just let it roll forward slowly and shift, sometimes I get lucky with the clutch in while stopped.

Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts