Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone come up with a picture of a rubi with a 3.5 superflex with 33s next to a rubi with a 4.5 superflex with either 33s or 35s? this may save me a few years on my brain by not thinking on it so much.

Thanks .

·
Super Moderator
2,488 Posts
Welcome to ROF.

I can’t provide you pictures of that, but while you wait, have you considered a fender kit to allow for larger tires? Maybe a belly up skid with a body lift?

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I do not have a 4.5" pic but below is my current setup (Blue LJ) with 3.5" RE springs on 33's w/stock wheels and 2" wheel spacers. The bottom is my old LJ (Khaki) with 3.5 RE coils and a 2" body lift on 35's. If you plan on off-roading it 35's will not work with a 4.5" unless you do some fender mods or a 1" body lift.

3.5" on 33's
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Truck

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

35's
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
677 Posts
Can anyone come up with a picture of a rubi with a 3.5 superflex with 33s next to a rubi with a 4.5 superflex with either 33s or 35s? this may save me a few years on my brain by not thinking on it so much.

Thanks .
What year Rubicon? 2 door or 4 door? Each generation (TJ/LJ, JK, and JL) are different in what they can fit with a given amount of lift.

For example, a JLUR fits 33s stock and you can squeeze 35s with minimal rubbing. A simple ¾" spacer lift allows for 35s effortlessly, while adding 2.5" will fit 37s. A 4.5" lift on a JL series Rubicon with 33s will look comical IMHO.

If this is for a TJ/LJ series, then you like others said, you'll need more than 3.5".

While I don't have any pics of what you're looking for, I do want to ask: Why a Rubicon Express lift? There are much better lift manufacturers out there, who offer better quality bushings and components. Years ago, RE was the leader in Jeep lifts.....not so much anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts