Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had an issue with water, mud, etc entering the front axle tubes? Quadratec sells "Super axle seals" to seal the ends of the axle tubes and I know of one guy that runs them on his 2000 TJ that swears by them. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bueller? bueller?

also, is there going to be a warn full floater kit for the Rubicon? would a full float be a wise investment? I wouldn't go that route though until I broke an axle I would think.

G

·
0 Posts
I thought those seals didn't fit the rubi's dana 44's. I know I have seen them on a Dana 30

Ron

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
supposedly there are dana 30 and dana 44 seals. Aren't the Rubi tubes dana 30's though?

G

·
0 Posts
I'm not 100% certain on the tubes, haven't had a chance to mic them inside and out to make certain. I do know that the outer shafts are 30's, but the inners are 44's.

Ron

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so is everyone stumped on both these issues? full float and axle seals?

G

·
0 Posts
yep, I am stumped...

So far every after marfket anything for Jeep axels excludes the Rubicon.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sweet! They even work with the D44 shafts?!?

·
Registered
336 Posts
the only non 'real' D44 part on a rubi is the front outers...or am I missing something?

Oh yeah...front wheel bearings are a little on the small side. But I have never had a problem with them.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Robocon said:
Those are not "REAL 44'S" in the Rubicon :mad:
But yes they work on the Rubicon know matter what they call the shafts.
The only part of the "Rubi 44" that is not a true 44 is the outers. If you were to take an old 44 like of a wagoneer and got the ears taken off and then repressed on the Rubi tube and then using a 44 Outer then you would have a true 44...Don't cut the front axle short. There is some room for strength improvement but please don't cut it down to a Dana 30...Hell some custom Moser shafts even with the 30 outers would be stronger than a stock 44. Even the u-joints on the 30 are from a 44....Very Hybrid type axle and will last a long time if you drive it right.

JMO...Not a flame..

Cheers...

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
30 spline inner shafts
27 spline outer shafts
D30 knuckles
D30 axle seal will work perfect on a Rubicon Outer shaft.

I have a set on order to compliment my Superior shafts which are on the way.

On the subject of mosers, I am sorry but I don't believe the hype.
BG6 broke a set on his first run with them and I have heard that their 30 spline shafts arent any better than the stock rubicon ones. The complete lack of warranty is something I think is very shady.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts