Rubicon Owners Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
We finally got out in the Jeep. We, like a lot of people had a bad wildfire season. We had a few days where it was stated that we had the worst air quality in the World. Our wilderness was so dry I didn't want to be that guy who caused a grass fire.
Sky Water Cloud Mountain Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
715 Posts
A good day VS
Sky Water Cloud Boat Watercraft
Water Boat Water resources Watercraft Atmospheric phenomenon
a bad day

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
You mean
You hope you don't get a normal winter like us East Coast people have every year.
:ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Your next picture needs to be
Taken from the back door Charcoal grill
LOL

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
I sadly could not get a picture, but on the way home from work, some guy in a Honda Accord fell off the side of a road on my drive home. It was literally parked in the bushes at a 45 degree angle right. I'm driving by and I was like ooo that’s weird I didn’t think the shoulder was that wide……wait WHAT?

I am so bummed there was too much traffic to get a picture

·
2,020 Posts
Ouchie! He was probably trying to get a picture😆

·
Registered
715 Posts
This time of year most of our trips seem to end in the dark. I need to get some additional lighting. Anyone use rock lights regularly?
Atmosphere Automotive lighting Natural landscape Road surface Asphalt

Reactions: Norminator and DAA

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
I do use rock lights regularly.

But for conditions like I think I see in your picture, I don't bother with them.

Messed with a lot of lights on my LJ. Few years ago I bit the bullet and outfitted it with Rigid cubes. Fogs on the bumper (aimed appropriately low). Ditch lights on the A pillars (see the critters well before they reach the road). Dispersed on the back (awesome reverse lighting, pretty dang good camp/work lighting).

The Rigid fogs by themselves would be a huge improvement over what I see in your pic. Combined with the sides hooter's on the A pillars, it would be a difference like night and day.

You can see the fogs on the bumper and the side shooters on the A pillars in this pic.

Those round KC's are "slimlight" long range. They were worthless as teets on a boar in stock configuration. My Cibie E code housings with 55-100 H4's on a relay harness, on hi beam, completely overpowered the KC "long range" lights. Put a ChiCom HID kit in them and they penciled in some good light well ahead of the H4's on high. But, with both those Rigid fog and side shooters on, even the HID kittled version of the KC's doesn't add much. Just a bit of extra brightness at the edge directly ahead.

You can see where I have the Rigid "dispersed" lights mounted on the dead coyote rack in the pic below. They really light up the world as reverse lights and work dang good as camp/work lights too (I have them switched both ways).

Try some Rigid fogs on your bumper, I think you'd be delighted.

- DAA

·
Registered
715 Posts
I am going with some better on the bumper but I have a real dead spot right by the front wheels. It is really hard to place a tire even if I am just turning around. Thinking of a rock light or?

Reactions: Desert Dog and DAA
61 - 72 of 72 Posts