Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We take a lot of day trips/short drives in our Jeep and invariably see something interesting but not trip report worthy. I just figured we needed a spot to drop random images taken from or involving Jeeps.

Taken overlooking the Grande Rhonde vally from Fox Hill Rd above La Grande.

From a trip to Anthony Lakes Ski Area, overlooking The Baker Valley.

The High Valley Rd between Union and Cove, OR.

The Oregon Trail used to pass through here. At one time it was marked here by Ezra Meeker by on of his"Meeker Markers.". The small diagonal shaped stone is a replica, with the original being housed and displayed at the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center just east of Baker City. The replica some was placed here a year or two ago and was not diagonal as is is today. The change took place because some asshat felt the need to hit the stone with a sledge hammer. That really pisses me off....

Nothing spectacular, but some very enjoyable times.

·
1,818 Posts
Wow on the first pic and thanks for the history. Great idea for a thread. And that stuff pisses me off too.

·
Registered
639 Posts
He was just standing on the road as I drove by.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
I have literally thousands of pictures of stuff I've seen from my Jeep. So don't anyone be shy about telling me enough is enough. These are pretty random, all they really have in common is I saw this stuff from my Jeep.

- DAA

·
Registered
639 Posts
Was it hurt or did it fly away?

Amazing pictures guys!!
IDK. He was large and has big claws but the feathers don't look like flying feathers? I did some research and we have both ground and tree owl nests here. If he fell out of a tree nest then he probably became "Take Out" for a cougar or coyote. As with all wildlife I leave them alone and let nature deal with what is supposed to be.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Woke up to this. I am so envious of you desert dwellers.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Just remembered I have a Jeep and owl pic. Felt like I was being watched in my garage. Turns out I was.

Second from top shelf, under the red bin.

Little guy hung around for a few weeks. Wouldn't always be in the garage, but often. Then, just stopped visiting. I never tried to touch him, or feed him, but I talked to him and he would let me get very close. Didn't appear to be injured or anything either, saw him fly in and out of the open door a few times, looked healthy as could be.

- DAA

·
3,669 Posts
Took a quick trip to Antelope Island close to sunset with a new camera lens.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice Porc in the tree. Always a good find.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts