Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Dog, Wife, they both get mad if I leave without them.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I
I wouldn't be anywhere in the back country without a firearm.
I find this funny as I have never felt threatened inside my Jeep, lol
I do a lot of hiking and never felt the need to carry but I do have a outing planned where I will be in grizzly country. My research tells me that I need either a 12 gauge with a slug or a fat, slow, hiking partner.

·
Registered
769 Posts
U
Even a slow fat hiker can run pretty fast when being chased by a bear. I prefer to carry a 22 pistol. Plenty of firepower to take out a knee.
Where I live it is against the law to shoot your hiking partner in the knee.

·
Registered
769 Posts
While reading your list it reminds me of how much stuff has found a permanent home in my Jeep.
Of course recovery gear and tools, but other things as well.
Binoculars, never know when you need them. Compass, I am still looking for a Vortex.
Toilet paper....
A back packer told me that he carried matches and a piece of old inner tube to start a fire in the rain?

Up here we have very restrictive fire arm laws. Even if I could carry I don't know if I would. I have been around firearms all my life and always thought if I am going to point it I need to be prepared to pull the trigger. I would also need some Hand gun training so that in a panic I wouldn't shoot myself.
Out of all the Hill Billy towns and dive bars, and all the back country roads on both sides of the border, the worst incident I have experienced was in Seattle. Middle of the afternoon we made a wrong turn and ended up in a BAD part of town.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Share my lunch or walk home. Good thing I bring extra shoes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts